- Siemens Industry and the Energy Institute (EI) advise Government that much more needs to be done to instil confidence in the UK's ability to meet its energy targets. A recent survey suggests significant access to finance for companies wanting to invest in green technologies to reduce emissions and comply with EU and UK legislation.
- Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, today announced its official collaboration with the Energy Institute (EI) in organising the first Energy Systems conference to be held 24-25 June 2014 in London.
- The next generation of energy industry leaders will play a key role at the World Energy Congress in Korea, 13-17 October 2013, as part of the Future Energy Leaders Programme (FELP).
- The Energy Institute (EI) Republic of Ireland has today published a submission to Government which highlights serious vulnerabilities in current energy policies. It is calling on Government to consider actions that would help develop Ireland's hydrocarbon resources so as to create jobs and generate revenues to aid in Ireland's economic recovery. The key issue highlighted is the relative decline in hydrocarbon exploration in Ireland, which is exacerbated by the lack of interest of oil and gas majors in competing for exploration licences.
- Professor Jim Skea FEI, receives a CBE in the Queen's birthday honours. Prof Skea is Professor of Sustainable Energy at the Centre of Environment Policy, Imperial College.
- Prof David MacKay, Chief Scientific Advisor to the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), was presented with the Energy Institute (EI)'s prestigious Melchett Award at a ceremony held in London on 10 June.
- The first module of a new e-learning course on energy management, which is currently being developed by the Energy Institute (EI), is now available free of charge. The full course will be released in July.
- As an EI Member you now have access, via the eLibrary section of this website, to Science in Parliament (SIP), Spring 2013 edition - The Journal of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee.
- The Energy Institute (EI) and the Energy Systems Trade Association (ESTA) are calling for applications to join their Register of Professional Energy Consultants (RPEC). This new register focuses on providing the highest quality of energy efficiency advice and support for business and industry.
- The World Energy Council's (WEC) global ranking of country energy sustainability performance has revealed that most of the over 90 countries assessed are still far from achieving fully sustainable energy systems.