- As an EI Member you now have access, via the eLibrary section of this website, to Science in Parliament (SIP), Spring 2013 edition - The Journal of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee.
- The Energy Institute (EI) and the Energy Systems Trade Association (ESTA) are calling for applications to join their Register of Professional Energy Consultants (RPEC). This new register focuses on providing the highest quality of energy efficiency advice and support for business and industry.
- The World Energy Council's (WEC) global ranking of country energy sustainability performance has revealed that most of the over 90 countries assessed are still far from achieving fully sustainable energy systems.
- Science in Parliament - Autumn 2012
- The Energy Institute (EI) was extremely saddened to hear the news of Malcolm Wicks MP HonFEI's passing away at the weekend.
- The EI East Midlands branch held an interesting meeting examining the recent changes in the carbon reduction commitment (CRC) and their impact on the scheme. The meeting was held at Nottingham University's Jubilee Campus on 8 November.
- Thirty members and guests attended an informative and instructive presentation entitled 'Can we power our cities more efficiently?', given by Sandy Taylor, Head of Climate Change and Sustainability, at Birmingham City Council. To achieve this Birmingham City Council have embarked on a mission to reduce the carbon emissions by some 60% by 2026, which is higher than the average of 42%, by improved leadership, longer term planning, better spatial planning and a willingness to adopt to change.