- The London and Home Counties branch of the Energy Institute (EI) hosted an evening lecture at City University as part of their ongoing event programme to promote professional development and awareness of energy topics. Shale gas is a subject of growing interest and importance, and the evening was attended by 86 members and guests.
- The Energy Institute (EI)'s annual awards competition celebrates the best in innovation, technology and excellence across the depth and breadth of the global energy sector. The call for entries is now open and individuals and companies are invited to submit their nominations before the deadline of 28 June 2013.
- In April, Joan MacNaughton CB HonFEI, President, Energy Institute, presented the first Chartered Energy Manager award in the Middle East at the Water, Energy and Environment exhibition (WETEX).
- This year's Annual Dinner was held at Meltham Golf Club on 18 April 2013. This event provides an ideal opportunity for branch members to socialise and network with colleagues and meet new friends from within the energy industry. The dinner was held in conjunction with the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- The Northern Ireland branch of the Energy Institute (EI) organised a technical site visit to Copper Industries (Ireland) Ltd. for members as part of their ongoing events programme to promote professional development and engage with local industry.
- The EI is pleased to announce the first Chartered Energy Manager in the Middle East has received his award from the EI President. Joan MacNaughton CB HonFEI, EI President, presented Jayachandran Sambandam MEI, Project Manager - Energy, DALKIA , with his award at the Water, Energy and Environment exhibition (WETEX).
- The Zayed Future Energy Prize recognises achievement, provides support to help accelerate promising technologies and funds organisations, schools and individuals committed to impacting communities around the world.