- The Energy Institute (EI) welcomed hundreds of energy professionals to the first day of International Petroleum (IP) Week 2014, held in London on 17-19 February. This year's event celebrated the EI's 100th anniversary since the formation of its oldest founding body - the Institution of Petroleum Technologists, with a special centenary interview featuring Tony Hayward HonFEI, Executive Director and CEO, Genel Energy.
- Proserv has completed the acquisition of KRG Industries, a Stockton-based provider of precision engineering services to the world's oil and gas businesses, among others.
- As many countries look to develop their resources to meet energy demand, the natural gas industry has seen an increasing emphasis being placed upon technology to do so.
- As an EI Member you now have access, via the eLibrary section of this website, to Science in Parliament (SIP), Spring 2014 edition - The Journal of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee. The Committee is an Associate Parliamentary Group of members of both Houses of Parliament and British members of the European Parliament, representatives of scientific and technical institutions, industrial organisations and universities
- Northern Oils has unveiled the details of a plan for a £3.2mn lubricating oil blending plant to be based in the Scottish town of Buckie Harbour.
- The Conservative-led coalition government's plans to create a nationwide shale gas industry across the UK could be undermined by a shortage of equipment and skills relevant to the sector.
- ExxonMobil has announced a range of enhancements to its US-based oil and natural gas portfolio managed by subsidiary XTO Energy.