New Year honours for the UK energy sector
A number of figures from the UK energy sector have been recognised by HM The Queen in the New Year's honours. These include Professor Peter Fraenkel FEI who received a MBE for his services to marine energy.
Order of the Bath: Companions of the Order of the Bath CB
- Dr Michael Weightman, Her Majesty's Chief Nuclear Inspector, Office for Nuclear Regulation, Health and Safety Executive. For services to the Improvement of Nuclear Safety.
- Philip Cox, Chief Executive Officer, International Power. For services to the Energy Industry.
- Stephen Henwood TD, Chairman, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority. For services to the Nuclear Industry and charity.
- Ms Juliet Davenport, Founder and Chief Executive, Good Energy Group plc. For services to Renewable Electricity Supplies.
- Ms Jennifer Saunders, Chief Executive, National Energy Action. For services to the Fuel Poor and voluntary service through the Chesshire Lehmann Fund.
- James Christie, Networks Resource Leader, East Scotland. For services to the Electricity Industry and Customers in Scotland.
- Professor Peter Fraenkel FEI, Co-Founder and lately Chief Technical Officer, Marine Current Turbines Ltd. For services to Marine Energy.
- Peter McNestry, Chair, Coalfields Regeneration Trust. For services to Coalfield Communities.
- Alan Sanderson, Plant Manager, Kingsnorth Power Station. For services to the Energy Industry.
Order of the British Empire: Medallist of the Order of the British Empire
- Grenville Ham, Project Development Manager, The Green Valleys. For services to Renewable Energy in Wales.