UKWEC - UK Member Committee of the World Energy Council
As one of the World Energy Council's (WEC) founder Member Committees, UKWEC is a senior and respected constituent of WEC’s global community of almost 100 countries, and fully endorses the multidisciplinary energy mix its members represent.
UKWEC is a network of members within the Energy Institute.
UKWEC Company members automatically become company members of the Energy Institute
UKWEC Member benefits:
- Meet a variety of energy producers, providers, marketers, users, Ministers and government agencies, policy and decision-makers, research and academic institutions and environmental organisations
- Move recommendations to practical outcomes and add to the voice of the energy community
- Benefit from energy industry collaboration, information sharing and dialogue across the whole energy sector, participating in topical programmes, technical committees and specialised studies
- Keep up-to-date on the current trends and debates of the energy industry much of which comes from WEC research and reports and also from the activities and events organised by UKWEC
- Take advantage of the WEC's information website, a state-of-the-art internet communication system that provides dedicated, confidential energy information at global, regional, and national levels. You will have access to WECweb and its members only site
- Receive publications that provide in-depth analysis of global and topical issues, high level expert-based statements on energy issues of global performance, and continuous updated information on WEC activities and progress.
- Free attendance for one delegate at each UKWEC workshop (and a reduced rate for extra delegates) Please see www.energyinst.org/ukwec-past for details of the recent highly topical UKWEC workshops and the high calibre of speakers. UKWEC holds three - four workshops each year.
Download an application form
On 1 January 2010 the British Energy Association (BEA) merged with the Energy Institute and was renamed UKWEC - UK Member Committee of the WEC. The Secretariat of UKWEC is now provided by the Energy Institute.
For more information about UKWEC contact: