Energy Institute Level 2 - Training in Energy Management Through Open Learning (TEMOL)
The Energy Institute (EI)’s TEMOL course offers a comprehensive introduction to the field of energy management, leaving students with a rounded and complete knowledge of all core areas. It will help participants to save energy, reduce carbon emissions, meet their organisation’s environmental targets and save money. It also includes a project that allows a student to solve a real issue within their organisation as part of the learning process. By enrolling in a distance learning programme, students are able to start the course at any time and complete the course at their own pace, ideal for busy professionals.
Download a registration form.
Distance learning - This training course can be used as CPD: 360 hours
• 12-18 months’ part-time study, including an estimated 360 hours of course time, leading to the
Energy Institute Level 2 - Certificate of competence in the fundamentals of energy management
• 14 learning elements that are practical and work-focused, covering technical and managerial
aspects of energy management
• Tutor support with continuous assessment through seven written assignments
• Flexible study materials that can be started at any time throughout the year
• An integral 100-hour in-house student project supported by specialist tutors to solve a real energy
• A year’s free EI membership.
This programme is accessible and comprehensive, designed for anyone who is aiming to learn more about energy management or is responsible for energy usage within their organisation. Participants typically have between one and two years of experience.
On successful completion of the course, students are awarded the Energy Institute level 2 qualification, the Certificate of competence in the fundamentals of energy management. This gives candidates a qualification as a professional Energy Manager, having all the competencies required to do the job successfully.
Course topics include:
• An introduction to energy technology
• Principles of fuel combustion
• Combustion equipment and practice
• Energy and the environment
• Heat transfer fundamentals
• Mechanisms of heat flow
• Monitoring and targeting energy use
• An overview of energy utilisation
• Management techniques for the energy manager
• Developing the financial case
• Monitoring and target setting
• Energy auditing
• Energy costs
• Energy efficiency
As a result of the training, participants will:
• Understand the theory behind energy management principles
• Know how to use energy management skills and techniques in their workplace
• Know how to develop a business case for energy savings
• Have saved their organisation money by initiating an energy efficiency project
Full TEMOL course:
£1,550.00 (+ VAT)
Payment for the full course can be made in two instalments, the first of £1,000 and the second of £550.
EI Member: £120.00 (+ VAT)
Non-member: £150.00 (+ VAT)
• One paper based element
TEMOL has been designed to be as flexible as possible for the student. You can start the course at any time and work through the materials at your own pace. The only restriction is a £150 tutor charge if you take over 18 months to complete the course.
Download a registration form.
For more information please contact the training department at:
e: firstname.lastname@example.org or t: +44(0)20 7467 7135