Introduction to LNG
- London and Home Counties
- <p>Energy Institute,</p> <p>61 New Cavendish Street,</p> <p>W1G 7AR, London</p> <p> </p>
- 09:00 - 17:00
Non-Member - 1350.00
Member - 1250.00
- Available in-house
- Book now
This 2-day training course provides an introduction to the LNG chain. Suitable for students who are new to the LNG sector and/or those with a non-technical background.
This course provides an introduction to the technology and economics of the global LNG industry. By the end of the course participants will appreciate the core technologies underpinning the LNG industry in Liquefaction, Shipping and Regasification. They will also have an understanding of global LNG markets, of the contracts that form the basis for much of the world’s LNG trade, of the economics of LNG production and sale and of recent trends in the industry.
- Overview of the LNG industry
- What is LNG
- Introduction to the Industry – history and evolution of the LNG industry
- Major players
- Major projects
- Recent developments - the value chain (traditional LNG) and the cost chain (USLNG)
- LNG Industry Today - Challenges and Opportunities in LNG
- The LNG value chain — Liquefaction, Shipping and Regasification
- The process of Liquefaction – technology providers
- Location of major Liquefaction facilities
- LNG Tankers – Design and operation
- LNG bunkers
- Onshore versus Offshore regasification
- Floating LNG and Small Scale LNG
- Floating LNG – Risks, Challenges and Opportunities
- Is small scale LNG viable?
- Introduction to LNG Economics and Markets
- Overview of LNG Markets and Trade Flows
- Commercial drivers – from both producer and buyer’s perspective
- Risks and returns in each part of the chain Security of Supply
- LNG contracts – long term SPA’s
- Short term trading of LNG
- Pricing of LNG in key markets
- Niche/small markets
- LNG regional pricing today and trends
- The future of LNG
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for those new to the oil and gas industry or to the LNG sector. It is suitable for candidates from a non technical background
This course is delivered by Zoe Young who has over 20 years’ industry experience at companies including ExxonMobil and Gaffney, Cline and Associates. Zoe has advised governments, oil companies and NOC’s on strategic investments and performed technical due diligence, market studies and economic analysis of LNG investments in Europe, Middle East and Asia . She is an experienced lecturer, having provided courses and/or technical seminars for the Energy Institute, Cass Business School (City University London). Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC), PetroSA, Mennta (formerly Oxford Princeton Programme) and the Malta Petroleum Training Academy.
- Training Team
- +44 (0)20 7467 7178