Skip to content

History

The Energy Institute was created in 2003 by the merger of two key energy organisations:
the Institute of Petroleum (IP) and the Institute of Energy (InstE).

Both Institutes had a proud and distinguished heritage developed since the 1920s supporting their respective energy sectors. Increasingly these sectors have converged, creating an integrated global energy market which has been mirrored by the development of the Energy Institute - established to address both the depth and breadth of the subject.

In 2014, the EI celebrated its centenary to mark the creation in 1914 of the oldest of the EI's founding organisations, the Institution of Petroleum Technologists, running a series of initiative to celebrate the contribution that the energy industry has made to human progress since then.


Not a member?