JOB TITLE: Communications Officer
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000 pa depending on experience, plus benefits
WHO WE ARE:
The Energy Institute is the not-for-profit chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges. Responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population calls for energy to be better understood, managed and valued. This ambition is at the heart of our social purpose.
We are a global, independent network of professionals spanning the world of energy, convening and facilitating debate, championing evidence and sharing fresh ideas.
Energy professionals of all ages, genders, backgrounds, and disciplines look to us for the knowledge, skills and good practice they need to pursue impactful careers in this vital, fast-evolving field.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Do you want to play a part in supporting professionals working across the energy industry to meet society’s energy needs and tackle climate change?
We are looking for an articulate, driven, adaptable communicator with demonstrable experience handling member communications, public relations or marketing communications.
Above all, you will need:
- Strong writing skills - an ability to write engaging, high-impact copy tailored to target audiences.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Disciplined project management and organisation skills – and an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, at pace.
- Familiarity with a broad range of communication channels, and willingness to learn how to use the EI’s member database, content database and email marketing platform.
- A willingness to get under the skin of the organisation and act as a central point of information about all forthcoming external communication activity.
An interest in energy and climate change would be a distinct advantage.
The role is full time and based in our central London offices. It will require flexibility and may on occasions require work out of hours.
To support the Communications Manager (and External Affairs Director) in delivering the Energy Institute’s communication strategy, promoting and protecting its reputation as a source of knowledge and expertise among its members, customers, and stakeholders.
Part of a small central communications team working collaboratively with other communicators embedded across the EI.
- Communications planning – maintain the EI communications planning grid, ensuring plans are in place to disseminate stories across relevant EI communication channels in a timely way, and that there is good internal awareness of all external-facing activity.
- Written communications – responsible for drafting and producing a monthly e-newsletter (Energy Network) and two news pages in the EI’s monthly member magazine, capitalising on the best current stories from across the EI.
- Branch support – provide support for the promotion of events being held by the EI’s branches in the UK and internationally. Requires daily use of the EI’s member database and email marketing platform, and the need to build collaborative working relationships with volunteers.
- Digital communications – play a key role in maintaining a dynamic social media presence that places the EI in conversations and drives traffic to the EI’s website. Responsible for keeping a number of important webpages up-to-date, including the EI home page, about us page and media centre.
- Marketing and events – support the promotion of the EI’s products and services, capitalising on and fulfilling involvement in industry initiatives, with other professional bodies and partners.
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- Training and professional development opportunities
- All-company/team socials
- Generous holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6 December.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 13 December.