At the EI we have ambitious plans set out in our 2022 to 2030 strategy, supported by a programme of digital transformation that aims to impact the energy sector internationally as well as in the UK.
To bolster our committed Digital Development Team, we have created a new role to co-ordinate the strategic use and management of our data so we can make confident decisions based on insights, be more efficient, deliver greater value for members and impact for industry, while also reaching new people and increasing our membership numbers.
The role will report to the Head of Digital Development and be part of the Digital Development Team.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary £38,000-£42,000 PA depending on experience + Benefits
We are looking to recruit someone with solid skills and experience to:
- Develop a data strategy to support our organisational strategy,
- Implement a data governance framework to ensure our data is proactively and effectively managed,
- Drive a reporting and analytics programme to provide actionable insights.
This is a unique opportunity to orchestrate the full range of data management activities of a smaller organisation and deliver measurable impact. We are therefore looking for an experienced data professional ready to step into a strategic role. Although the need for the role has been unequivocally agreed by the senior leadership team, to ensure success the post-holder will need to engage stakeholders across the organisation to develop their appreciation of the importance of data in delivering the EI’s strategy, the need to manage it more effectively, as well as to build skills and confidence in its use.
Whilst the initial focus is expected to be on the members and customers in our existing CRM application (Oomi), the EI’s strategy includes other customer and stakeholder touchpoints, and the post-holder will need to consider the business case and organisational capacity for extending the scope data management framework and when that could happen.
Key skills required
- Experience of identifying what data is needed to support an organisation’s strategic objectives and plan how that data will be gathered and managed and how value will be obtained from it.
- Experience of data governance, particularly supporting business roles and responsibilities and ensuring processes are in place to proactively manage data.
- Experience of understanding and communicating how an organisation’s data is managed in applications and as part of business processes e.g. system architecture, data models, data lifecycles.
- Experience of working with CRM
- Understanding of analytics and visualisation of data to support business needs for reporting and insights.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement at all levels of an organisation and with the business as well as technical colleagues.
- Understanding of change management principles and be able to communicate appropriately with stakeholders about the benefits to the organisation.
- Experience of identifying opportunities for business process improvement and supporting the implementation of those improvements.
- Experience of developing and managing functional requirements for reporting tools as well as for application development to meet data needs.
- Knowledge of how GDPR and Data Protection Act need to be taken into account when planning the management of data.
- Experience of delivering knowledge-sharing and training to colleagues.
- An interest in the energy industry and the aims and values of the EI.
- Experience of using Google Analytics.
- Experience of Oomi CRM.
- Commercial awareness
- Adaptable and flexible
- Organised and enthusiastic
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills
- Willingness to learn and expand skillsets
- An interest in the energy industry with a desire to support good sustainable, safe and environmental practices
- 5+ years experience working as a data professional.
- Relevant training and certifications or qualifications. We are open to applications from a broad range of disciplines so long as the candidate can demonstrate the relevance to data management e.g. data analyst, change management, CX (customer experience), IT, business analysis, project management.
- Continued interest and commitment to advancing existing data management and interpersonal skills and a desire to develop leadership skills.
- A pragmatic approach that balances best-practice with business benefit.
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- All-company/team socials
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Welcoming and friendly office culture
What is required:
Please send a CV and covering letter, should be no more than one side and should convey the three key reasons for your suitability to email@example.com. Interviews will take place in July 2022.
Application deadline: 30/06/2022