The Energy Institute is looking to appoint a dynamic, outcomes-oriented Energy Analyst to develop, maintain and deliver high-quality energy information and succinct insights to a wide range of audiences. You will work on some of our most important projects and collaborations, including the annual Energy Barometer, our Energy in Conversation podcast, and Energy Essentials guides. See the full job description for more information.
This is a full-time, permanent position in the EI Knowledge Service.
Salary £26K - £29K pa plus benefits
Who we are:
The Energy Institute is the not-for-profit chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges. We are dedicated to advancing knowledge, skills, and good practice in the energy system. The Knowledge Service supports the EI’s members, other EI teams and the public with high-quality, science-based energy information.
- Proficient in quantitative and/or qualitative research and analysis
- Proficient in working with data and statistics
- Experience working with content management and other management systems
- Educated to degree level, in science, engineering, mathematics or other relevant subject
- A second degree in energy or equivalent energy experience will be an advantage
Your Key Skills
- Demonstrable interest in energy, climate change and sustainability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences
- High numerical and analytical accuracy
- A self-starter who also has strong inter-personal and team working skills
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of effective internet search techniques
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Adaptable, creative and enthusiastic
- Inquisitive and eager to learn, and to share learning with others
- Knowledge of one or more statistics software packages
- Experience maintaining a website
Why you'll enjoy working here
- Great office culture
- A mix of office (central London) and home working
- Participation in industry events, including attending conferences and lectures
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Compressed working scheme
- Generous pension scheme
In the case of high interest, this role may close early - please apply in good time. To apply please send your CV and a 1-page max covering letter explaining what you would bring to the role to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 1 September 2021, with interviews commencing shortly thereafter.