Front End Developer
The Energy Institute is looking to appoint a talented and creative Front-End Developer who is keen to learn and progress within a digital focused role.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Development
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary £30K - £34K pa plus benefits
Benefits including central London location, inclusive work culture and to be part of a compressed working scheme (extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off)
The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together. Our ambition is that energy, and its critical role in our world, is better understood, managed and valued.
We have ambitious plans for the growth of our digital channels both in the UK and internationally. A key focus is the development and design of attractive, engaging, responsive and meaningful digital content and functionality.
The EI is looking to appoint a Front-End Developer who is keen to learn and progress within a digital focused role. The ideal candidate for this role will have at least between 1 year and 18 months experience working in a similar role.
Key skills required
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, SASS and media queries
- Experience working with application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of Node.js and managing the interchange of data between the server and the users
- Ability to work within online, asset-based, content management systems (ideally Squiz Matrix)
- Experience creating digital assets, such as wireframes and interactive mock-ups
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- You will have an eye for good user experiences and be keen to deliver well tested mark-up with high levels of usability, accessibility, and functionality.
- Highly organised, with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of SEO and performance optimization tools (PageSpeed)
- Experience of working with ecommerce platforms
- Experience with versions control systems, like Git
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC and Adobe development environments (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Knowledge of asset management systems and data formats (e.g. metadata, XML, JSON)
- Experience working and integrating Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM)
- Adaptable and flexible
- Organised and enthusiastic
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills
- Willingness to learn and expand skillsets
- An interest in the energy industry with a desire to support good sustainable, safe and environmental practices
Training and professional development opportunities
Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
Cycle to Work Scheme
Season Ticket Loan
Great office culture
What is required:
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org The covering letter should be no more than 300 characters and should convey the three key reasons for your suitability. Interviews will take place in September 2021.
Reference ID: FED
Application deadline: 30/09/2021