We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated publishing officer. You’ll be responsible for the production and assist in the marketing activities of EI Technical Publications and IP Test Methods. You will support to other members of the Publishing and Technical Team with publishing-based tasks and liaise with third party suppliers.
Who we are:
The Energy Institute is the not-for-profit chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges. Responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population calls for energy to be better understood, managed and valued. This ambition is at the heart of our social purpose.
We are a global, independent network of professionals spanning the world of energy, convening and facilitating debate, championing evidence and sharing fresh ideas.
Energy professionals of all ages, genders, backgrounds and disciplines look to us for the knowledge, skills and good practice they need to pursue impactful careers in this vital, fast-evolving field.
What you’ll do:
This role is part of our small, busy, friendly, London-based publishing team, working to deliver the EI’s good practice guidance publications in support of the wider organisation’s business objectives.
The successful candidate will need to juggle diverse activities across the marketing mix:
- Production – lead on production of EI Technical Publications and IP Test Methods, then coordinate the publication of these titles in digital and hard copy format.
- Marketing – assist in marketing activities in support of the team, promoting new publications and technical products in a timely and efficient manner, creating marketing materials to support different departments, including adverts, banners, and brochures.
- Provide support to other members of the Publishing and Technical Team with publishing-based tasks, including the maintenance and update of internal records and processes.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as printers and re-sellers to ensure efficient dissemination of EI products and to broaden the reach of the department. Develop our relationship with our new print-on-demand supplier.
- Primary contact point for customer enquiries.
- Finance – raising invoices, where required, and keeping track of income and expenses. generated by the department to feed into the team budget.
- Social media – work with Publishing Engagement Officer to produce content for social media channels, in line with the marketing plan and company branding.
- CRM management – update the Publishing website to keep the catalogue and user database up-to-date.
- Communications and networking – liaising with potential customers at events and exhibitions.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need:
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent
- enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, self-motivation and flexibility
- a high standard of written and spoken English
- attention to detail, together with the ability to proofread
- the ability to stay calm under pressure, work well with others and show initiative
- time management skills, including the ability to keep to tight deadlines
- Client liaison experience (minimum 1 year)
- Ability or experience in using online content management systems
- Proficient in MS Office software, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Office administrative experience (minimum 1 year)
- Print and publishing production experience
- Marketing experience
- Project management skills
- Experience of Adobe CC (specifically InDesign)
- Good understanding of file types, for print and web requirements
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- All-company/team socials
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31 May. Interviews will take place w/c 7 June.