Administrator – POWERful Women
Location: Hybrid (TBD) , Energy Institute + Remote
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-time (3 days a week / 21 hours a week)
POWERful Women’s vision is to create a gender-balanced, diverse and inclusive UK energy sector.Our aim is to break down barriers and empower women to excel in their careers, leading the way in shaping the energy industry landscape of tomorrow.
Who we are
POWERful Women is a pioneering professional initiative based at the Energy Institute, committed to addressing the persistent underrepresentation of women in senior positions within the UK energy industry.
Our mission is to catalyse transformative change by fostering diversity and inclusion, ultimately ensuring that women occupy at least 40% of middle management and leadership roles in the UK energy sector by 2030.
Who we’re looking for:
As POWERful Women continues to grow, we are actively seeking a part-time Administrator to provide essential support to our Senior Project Officer and Communications Adviser and reporting directly to the Head of POWERful Women. In this part-time role (3 days per week), the Administrator will primarily focus on providing general secretariat duties to the team but will also support communications, including website administration and social media activity.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive individual who thrives on collaboration. If you are passionate about driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are comfortable tackling a diverse range of administrative tasks, you could be the ideal candidate.
POWERful Women is a close-knit team of three people who work collaboratively and harmoniously. Our team values inclusivity, transparency, and cooperation, which will provide an excellent environment for someone who embraces a team-oriented approach. If you're ready to contribute to our mission and be a part of a team that embodies these values, we encourage you to apply today.
What you’ll do:
- Manage general email inbox
- Manually upload all news pieces, articles, blog posts to the PfW website and manage any necessary website updates.
- Support POWERful Women’s social media activity, working with the Communications Adviser, including posts to our key channels.
- Upload content to Mailchimp and circulate PfW’s monthly newsletter, as well as any individual e-shots that may arise.
- Support POWERful Women’s key events from an administrative perspective including our Annual Conference and ‘State of the Nation’ event.
- Any additional administrative duties required by the team at any given time.
- Actively participate in appraisals, Energy Institute staff meetings and POWERful Women team meetings to support both organisation’s strategies and objectives and enable your own development needs.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Good IT literacy and communications skills
- Good working knowledge of Wordpress and social media (key platforms are LinkedIn and X (formerly Twitter) – this is not essential.
Salary: £15,000 per annum (FTE of £25,000) depending on experience, plus benefits
- Hybrid working model (TBD)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- All-company/team socials
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – prorated with part time role
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications will close on 17th November 2023.