WHO WE ARE:
The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body for people who work across the world of energy. Our purpose is creating a better energy future for our members and society by accelerating a just global energy transition to net zero. We do this by:
- Attracting, developing and equipping the diverse future energy workforce
- Informing energy decision-making through convening expertise and advice
- Enabling industry and consumers to make energy lower carbon, safer and more efficient
The EI staff team and its extensive network of volunteers pursue these goals in line with a set of values reflecting the culture of the organisation:
- We are inclusive by treating each other with care and respect
- We build trust through open and professional collaboration
- We are passionate about making a difference
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Do you want to play a part in supporting professionals working across the energy industry to meet society’s energy needs and tackle climate change?
We are looking for an articulate, driven, adaptable communicator with demonstrable experience handling member communications, public relations or marketing communications.
Above all, you will need:
- Strong writing skills - an ability to write engaging, high impact copy tailored to target audiences.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Disciplined project management and organisation skills – and an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, at pace.
- Familiarity with a broad range of communication channels, and willingness to learn how to use the EI’s member database, content database and email marketing platform.
- A willingness to get under the skin of the organisation and act as a central point of information about all forthcoming external communication activity.
An interest in energy and climate change would be a distinct advantage.
The role is full time and based in our central London offices. It will require flexibility and may on occasions require work out of hours.
To support the Head of Communications & Marketing (and External Affairs Director) in delivering the Energy Institute’s communication strategy, promoting and protecting its reputation as a source of knowledge and expertise among its members, customers and stakeholders.
Part of a small central communications team working collaboratively with other communicators embedded across the EI.
- Written communications – responsible for drafting and producing a monthly e-newsletter (Energy Network), capitalising on the best current stories from across the EI.
- Communications planning – ensuring plans are in place to disseminate stories across relevant EI communication channels in a timely way, and that there is good internal awareness of all external-facing activity.
- Branch support – provide support for the promotion of events being held by the EI’s branches in the UK and internationally. Requires daily use of the EI’s member database and email marketing platform, and the need to build collaborative working relationships with volunteers.
- Digital communications – play a key role in maintaining a dynamic social media presence that places the EI in conversations and drives traffic to the EI’s website. Responsible for keeping a number of important webpages up-to-date, including the EI home page, about us page and media centre.
- Marketing and events – support the promotion of the EI’s products and services, capitalising on and fulfilling involvement in industry initiatives, with other professional bodies and partners.
£27,000 - £29,000 pa depending on experience, plus benefits
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- Training and professional development opportunities
- All-company/team socials
- Generous holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
Please send a CV and covering letter, no more than one side, conveying the three key reasons for your suitability to email@example.com
The application deadline is Monday 16 October. Interviews will take place the w/c 23 October.