Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an engaging, organised and forward-thinking person to manage and develop the EI’s Company membership scheme! You will be a confident communicator with great presentation and customer service skills. You will also lead an exciting project to remodel company membership, helping to widen engagement and significantly grow individual member numbers.
Who we are:
The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body for people who work across the world of energy. Our purpose is creating a better energy future for our members and society by accelerating a just global energy transition to net zero. We do this by
- attracting, developing and equipping the diverse future energy workforce;
- informing energy decision-making through convening expertise and advice;
- and enabling industry and consumers to make energy lower carbon, safer and more efficient.
What you’ll do:
This role is part of our friendly, expanding Membership & Accreditation team – it’s a great time to join! We manage everything relating to individual membership and company membership, helping people and businesses to make the most of their membership.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop the EI’s Company membership scheme in line with business objectives and the EI strategy.
- Respond promptly and professionally to enquiries from existing and potential company members.
- Increase recruitment and retention of Company members, ensuring income targets are met.
- Manage the annual budget and renewal process for company membership.
- Create communications and promote the company membership offering using various channels, including emails, social media and EI newsletters.
- Promote company membership as a conduit for individual membership, maximising the number of employees joining as individual members and on the pathway to professional membership and registration.
- Deliver presentations, webinars and/or lunch & learn sessions, in person and virtually, to promote the benefits of company membership and to advise employees on the process to apply for professional membership and registration.
- Explore and implement ways to innovate, modernise and improve the company membership scheme, and carry forward initiatives to boost individual member recruitment within companies.
- Build relationships and engage with key contacts within companies to ensure companies are making the most of their membership and useful insights are being gathered for continuous improvement.
- Identify people within organisations who may be eligible for Fellowship of the EI via the eminence route, and write up nominations for approval by the CEO.
- Use CRM and other sources to provide statistics and report monthly on Company member numbers, new joiners, resignations and income received.
- Use CRM to monitor trends of individual member numbers within companies, recognising areas of growth and weakness, and identifying companies to target and support.
- Develop the member value proposition for company membership, ensuring materials and web pages are fresh and fit for purpose.
- Work with other departments to ensure cross promotion of the company membership offer in conjunction with other EI products, services and initiatives, for example events, training and Technical Partnership.
- Represent the EI at events, exhibitions and conferences as appropriate.
The knowledge, experience and attributes you’ll need:
- Experience with group, company or corporate level memberships is desirable
- project management
- account management
- communicating with different stakeholders
- managing services in a customer facing environment
- managing, supporting and motivating others
- using CRM systems to generate reports and analyse data
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- able to work autonomously and manage own workload
- adaptable, able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- strong team player, used to collaboration and able to take on board the ideas of others
- good organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- excellent presentation skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- communicate effectively with a range of different audiences
- provide helpful, professional and diplomatic advice to different people
- strong attention to detail
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- A mix of office (central London) and home working
- All-company/team socials
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com by close of play, Wednesday 26th October.
Interviews to take place in early November, specific dates tbc.
A full job description can be downloaded here