- Run campaigns and initiatives to support member engagement and progression using marketing platforms, social media, talks and presentations as appropriate.
- Work with managers across the team
- to create member communications and segmented campaigns to encourage and support members to progress into professional membership and registration.
- to research individuals who could have potential to become Fellows of the EI through the Eminence Route.
- to create initiatives to promote take up of company membership, as well as other products and services offered by the Membership & Accreditation team.
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage
- students to join the EI while at university and upgrade to Associate Member (AMEI) when they have completed their studies.
- younger professionals to engage and develop long-term relationships with the EI,
including producing bi-monthly newsletters for students and young professionals.
- Work with the Membership and Retention Team Manager
- to gather intelligence and report on the needs and expectations of new members, and identify initiatives to help improve retention and improve the member welcome.
- to undertake campaigns to contact lapsed members and encourage them to re-join.
- to undertake and report on surveys of those leaving the EI to establish why they have decided not to retain their membership.
- Systematically monitor and report on the impact of individual campaigns.
- Coordinate engagement activities with the Marketing and Communications team, and look to improve membership marketing materials and digital content.
- Ensure that relevant web content is up to date, fresh and fit for purpose.
- Undertake administrative duties to ensure that those who have responded to campaigns receive a prompt, helpful and accurate response.
- Undertake other membership and data tasks as required to assist in the wider activities of the team, including assisting with general membership enquiries, taking payments, sending out certificates and checking and updating data.
- Represent the EI at events, exhibitions, open days and conferences as appropriate.
In carrying out these duties the postholder will
- Work in accordance with the EI’s values, working practices, policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in appraisals, team meetings and meeting your self-development needs.
- Undertake any other issues necessary to this post as delegated by your line manager.
- Educated to A Level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience of working in a membership, careers, communications or professional development role or similar
- Experienced with using a membership CRM/database system or similar
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for external use as well as internal liaison
- Excellent telephone manner and able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports, communications and articles in clear, plain English
- Ability to understand the EI from the perspective of members and understand their needs
- Customer service training
- Have experience of undertaking research projects and producing reports of the findings
- Have administrator experience of delivering front line customer services preferably within a membership organisation
- Knowledge of GDPR protection policies
- Working knowledge of different social media and marketing platforms
- Understanding of InDesign and Photoshop
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in providing statistical data and reports
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Highly motivated, professional and approachable
- Willingness to travel including some occasional overnight stays
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 14th June 2023