Who we’re looking for:
Do you want to play a part in supporting professionals working across the energy industry to meet society’s energy needs and tackle climate change?
We are looking for an experienced publishing manager. You’ll be responsible for the production and marketing activities of EI Technical Publications and IP Test Methods, line managing the publications team, managing the budget, and improving our business model.
Who we are:
The EI has three core Values:
1. We are inclusive by treating each other with care and respect
2. We build trust through open and professional collaboration
3. We are passionate about making a difference
The Energy Institute is the not-for-profit chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges. Responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population calls for energy to be better understood, managed and valued. This ambition is at the heart of our social purpose.
We are a global, independent network of professionals spanning the world of energy, convening and facilitating debate, championing evidence and sharing fresh ideas.
Energy professionals of all ages, genders, backgrounds, and disciplines look to us for the knowledge, skills and good practice they need to pursue impactful careers in this vital, fast-evolving field.
What you’ll do:
The publishing manager will lead our small, busy, friendly, London-based publishing team, working to deliver the EI’s good practice guidance publications in support of the wider organisation’s business objectives.
The successful candidate will need to juggle diverse activities across the marketing mix:
- Production – oversee production of EI Technical Publications and IP Test Methods.
- Finance – manage, set and monitor the team budget, providing up-to-date commercial performance reporting and forecasting.
- Marketing – devise marketing strategy and assist in the creation and dissemination of marketing materials, ensuring that EI technical content is effectively promoted and used as widely as possible by industry.
- CRM management – Responsible for managing the Publishing website via the EI’s CRM and keeping the catalogue and user database up-to-date. working across a range of systems, including MailChimp, Google Analytics, Oomi, the EI’s distributor sales data systems and PSF to perform these responsibilities.
- Work closely with the EI Technical Director, undertaking any other duties delegated.
- Line manage the publishing officer and publishing engagement officer in their day-to-day activities and broader work plan, delivering training and setting individual objectives.
- Liaise with third party suppliers, maintaining and developing our relationship with our Print-on-demand provider. Manage relationship with royalty companies and re-sellers
The knowledge, experience, and qualifications you need:
- Publishing experience (3 years)
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of line managing a team
- Stakeholder liaison experience
- Ability or experience in using online content management systems
- Enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and flexibility
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Willingness to learn and expand skillset
- Proficient in MS Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Office administrative experience (minimum 1 year)
- Project management skills
- Experience of Adobe CC (specifically InDesign)
- Good understanding of file types, for print and web requirements
Salary: £38,000-40,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits
Benefits: Training and professional development opportunities
- Compressed working scheme – extended daily hours in return for every other Friday off
- All-company/team socials
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Great office culture
The deadline for applications is 7 November. Please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements and describing why you are interested in applying for the role.
Download job description