South Western and South Wales
- The EI South Western & South Wales branch enjoyed a special outing to the famous Bletchley Park for their 2016 Summer Social.
- The EI South Western and South Wales (SWSW) branch hosted another successful event on 'Energy efficiency within buildings and industrial processes' on 3 March 2016.
- For their 2015 summer social, the Energy Institute (EI) South Western and South Wales branch organised a hike to Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacons.
- The South Western and South Wales (SWSW) branch of the Energy Institute (EI) organised a site visit to Thatchers Brewery on 17 June 2015.
- On 23 April members of the South Western and South Wales branch of the Energy Institute (EI) were given the opportunity to visit the Hydrogen Centre in Baglan Bay. Members were given an excellent presentation on all aspects of hydrogen and the specialities of the Hydrogen Centre which was followed by a tour of the experimental kit on site.
- The EI South Western and South Wales branch recently organised a site visit to the Ardley Energy from Waste (EfW) plant. 13 members joined the branch on this site visit on 18 March. The visit included a plant tour and a presentation from the Education Centre Manager, Sylvie Verinder.
- The 41st annual Idris Jones lecture was held on 27 February 2015 at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff.
- The South Western and South Wales branch recently held a successful lecture on smart grids to an audience of 70 at the University of Exeter. The lecture was led by Dr Peter Connor, Senior Lecturer in Renewable Energy Policy, University of Exeter.
- The annual Idris Jones memorial lecture and luncheon, organised by the EI's South Western and South Wales branch, took place in Cardiff in February. The event received a special dedication to former branch treasurer, Brian Jones MEI who sadly passed away last year, given by current chair Paul Hancock CEng MEI.
- On 8 October the Energy Institute (EI) held an energy storage conference in Bristol. The conference was attended by over 70 EI members and guests, including members of the South Western and South Wales branch committee. Chaired by Anthony Price, Director of The Electricity storage Network and Swanbarton, speakers included industry experts from across the UK and Europe.