Because making sure you are on top of what you do - and having the right skills and knowledge to perform effectively - is so fundamental to being a professional, the Energy Institute’s Code of Conduct requires all members to make a commitment to Continuing Professional Development, and to help others in their development.
As a member you should be
- maintaining your CPD in a range of areas – that is, all your CPD shouldnt be all concentrated on one topic
- maintaining a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of your CPD activities;
- undertaking a mixture of learning activities which
- are relevant to your current or future practice
- benefits the quality of your practice
- benefits the users of your work (employees, clients, the public etc.)
- adopting a reflective approach to your development.
Members who hold professional registration
If you hold qualifications or statuses awarded by the EI under licences from the Engineering Council, Science Council or Society for the Environment - for example IEng, CEng, CSci or CEnv - you also need to abide by these bodies’ regulations for conduct and CPD, so it is important that you keep up to date.
For further information about these bodies’ requirements, please click the links below