Submitting your CPD records
Each year, a sample of all professional members is asked to submit their CPD records for the preceding year.
If you are selected, your CPD submission can take the form of a report created on MyCareerPath, or can be submitted using the EI's CPD Record Form. Alternative formats - such as that used by your employer - are normally acceptable as long as they cover at least the same information as the EI CPD Record Form, including evidence of reflection.
If you are one of the members selected as part of the random sample, we will normally write to you at least two months before the deadline for submission. Once received, your records will be sent to the EI's CPD Panel for review. All records will remain confidential throughout this process.
Following this exercise, a report on the CPD review will be published giving general feedback on the submissions received. The Panel may also provide feedback to individual members where their records indicate that additional support or advice on undertaking CPD may be needed.
The Science Council sets specific regulations for Chartered Scientists, who are required to annually reconfirm their compliance with Science Council requirements in respect of CPD as a condition of their chartered status. They must also submit CPD records on request as part of an annual exercise; records submitted must meet Science Council guidelines. Click here for further information
- Annual report from the CPD Panel 2014 (DOCX 19 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- The EI CPD Panel's annual report on their review of CPD submissions received in 2014
- About the EI's CPD procedures (DOCX 74 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Guidance on how we review CPD records
- Annual CPD report for members 2015 (DOCX 19 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- A report from the chair of the CPD panel on CPD submissions received in 2015