We are pleased to announce the joint partnership between the EI and Acre to facilitate the provision of new commercial opportunities to our accredited members.
Since 2003 Acre have been the market pioneer of sustainability recruitment, and over this period have placed many of the world's leading professionals within the energy management and carbon space.
They are the first port of call for many global clients looking to expand their sustainability and energy teams and are well positioned within the market to assist our members in finding roles. Please click here to view their current opportunities.
Energy Institute job feed
- Senior Project Engineer (Electrical) - Cambridge
- Energy Systems Catapult - Birmingham
- Portfolio Efficiency Engineer - Australia
- Mass Spectroscopy Technical Specialist - Sunbury
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work with the team responsible for delivering world class environments for teaching, learning, research, and living; to attract, support and retain the brightest students and staff at the University of Cambridge. This is being realised through the University's capital projects programme, currently at circa £200m pa.
Within this new role, the successful candidate will collaborate with and support building occupiers, project teams, maintenance staff and contractors to ensure the delivery of high quality assets. Contributing to project processes from conception to completion, handover, operation and maintenance, there will be a need to build good working relationships with colleagues within Estate Management, University Schools, Faculties and Departments, external consultants and contractors.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical knowledge of complicated electrical services in highly serviced laboratory and research buildings. The candidate will thrive on working collaboratively in seeking opportunities to deliver high quality assets that perform as intended, and hold a degree or equivalent in electrical or building engineering and chartered membership of a relevant institution.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the team delivering high quality, state of the art building assets for a world class institution.
The University of Cambridge is committed to contributing to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Interviews are expected to be held in January 2017.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Cheryl Dyet, HR Co-ordinator by email on EM.HR@admin.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference BA10025 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Full job description
Apply online at www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/11349. The Apply button on this page will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Reference number: BA10025
Closing date: 6 January 2017.
The Energy Systems Catapult is the UK’s technology and innovation centre set up to support companies and Government in developing products and services to address the new commercial opportunities created by the transformation of UK and global energy systems (covering electricity, heat and combustible gases).
The Energy Systems Catapult is one of ten in a network of world-leading Catapult centres to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific key areas and help drive future economic growth.
The Catapult is actively seeking to recruit individuals who are passionate about the impact that energy systems applications will have on economic growth, sustainability and society in the UK for generations to come.
If you’re interested in joining the team that will build and shape an environment where government, industry and academia work collaboratively, and you feel that you can support the delivery of solutions that will respond to the challenges of the energy trilemma, please visit: Working For Us | Energy Systems Catapult
Origin – Australia's leading integrated energy company
Permanent, full-time opportunity
Position based at the Monitoring and Control Centre in Brisbane, Australia
Flexible and inclusive team culture
Job Requisition: 22326
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Portfolio Efficiency Engineer to join our Generation Team in Brisbane. Reporting to the MSC Manager, this role will work closely with our optimisation engineering team to assist in the utilisation of performance monitoring tools, to help enhance capability around the performance of our generation portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a performance improvement strategy and initiatives across the portfolio which includes Identifying and contributing to the development and implementation of alternative commercial strategies and modes of operation
- Improve the economic performance of the portfolio through the development and implementation of efficiency, combustion performance and thermal performance analysis and reporting
- Collation, analysis and reporting of data for strategic performance decision making and planning and investment
- Ensure sound communication, networks and positive working relationships are developed with all internal and external stakeholders
- Support the identification and evaluation of opportunities for capital investment to provide enhanced performance within generation
- Support the development of and achieve delivery of the overall operating strategy for the power generation portfolio
Is this you?
Origin offers an inclusive and flexible workplace and we are seeking talented likeminded people to join our business and contribute to the continued optimisation of our portfolio. To succeed in this role we’re seeking applicants who possess the following experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification – engineering degree
- Proactive approach to problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with performance optimisation for coal (essential) and gas (preferred) turbine power generation plants
- Experience analysing plant data with real-time data historian such as OSI Pi
- Power Station experience, specifically within an operations environment
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships and work in a collaborative style
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently. For more information, please contact Dean Stephens on 07 3028 5522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Intertek Sunbury Technology Centre (ISTC) is seeking to recruit a Mass Spectroscopy Technical Specialist to provide analysis and testing to internationally recognised standards such as ASTM and IP as well as in-house methodologies. The role will be based at their laboratory in Sunbury, Middlesex.
ISTC has an extensive range of analytical techniques and provides analytical services to customers in the petrochemical, chemicals and environmental industry.
The successful candidate will prepare and analyse a wide variety of sample types, from Seawater to Crude Oil for the support of customer programmes in compliance with ISO 17025 requirements.
- Minimum Degree or equivalent and 5 year’s experience in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working in ISO 17025 and ISO 14001 laboratories is desirable.
- Hydrocarbon analysis experience.
- Good practical laboratory skills.
- An interest in mass spectroscopy instrumentation and a willingness to keep up to date with new techniques and methodologies
- Ability to work to tight deadlines as an individual and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, written & oral and strong attention to detail. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Project Management skills
How to apply
Please provide a CV, covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and salary expectations to Anthony.Sweetland@intertek.com.
All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
Unsolicited introductions from employment agencies will not be accepted.
31 December 2016