We are pleased to announce the joint partnership between the EI and Acre to facilitate the provision of new commercial opportunities to our accredited members.
Since 2003 Acre have been the market pioneer of sustainability recruitment, and over this period have placed many of the world's leading professionals within the energy management and carbon space.
They are the first port of call for many global clients looking to expand their sustainability and energy teams and are well positioned within the market to assist our members in finding roles. Please click here to view their current opportunities.
Energy Institute job feed
- Subject Lead - Energy and Procurement
- Senior Licensing Executive - Operations
EGGER (UK) Limited
• Reference Code: GB-HEX-50278773-0005
The diversity of our 8,200 employees in our 17 plants in 7 countries makes us a strong team. In our work we have much in common:
Taking action instead of just talking about it. The stability that allows us to progress. The satisfaction of having delivered what we say we will.
We do not simply look for employees. We seek people who share our values.
To plan optimisation of gas and electrical power use across both EGGER UK Plants (Hexham, Northumberland and
Forecast, plan and aim to reduce the usage of electrical power and gas in both UK Plants.
Develop systems to achieve optimum performance of the energy systems at both UK Plants; meeting the process demands agreed in the budget, financial, safety and quality targets.
Liaise effectively and consistently with external parties including regulatory bodies, auditors and consultancies to meet legal requirements.
Ongoing review and analysis of processes and continuous liaison with management to recommend and implement'best practices' ensuring improvements across both UK
Energy / industrial / engineering Degree / Diploma level of education with relevant background preferred.
Related work experience essential.
Six Sigma Black Belt Training preferred.
Knowledge of Health & Safety Rules, Legislation and best practice.
Attention to detail and accuracy are important.
Intermediate standard of IT skills, competent use of
Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The opportunity to join the largest manufacturing employer in Northumberland; focussed on quality, customer service, the
environment and sustainability. Competitive employee benefits and pension scheme. Rewarding and varied job role. Technologically
advanced systems and processes. Comprehensive induction process, progressive training and development.
Karen Povey, T +44 1434 613361
EGGER (UK) Limited
Apply now online at www.egger.com/jobs
Reference Code: GB-HEX-50278773-0005
Closing date: 18.08.2017
Subject Lead - Energy and Procurement
• Ref: ADAAA-L22
• Up to £50,000.00 per annum, depending on experience
• Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
• Based at our Greenwich and Greenford Campuses with flexibility to travel across all sites
GSM London is an independent higher education provider that has been delivering degree-level education for over 40 years. We have campuses in Greenwich and Greenford and a study centre at London Bridge. Our partnership with Plymouth University means that our students receive a final qualification/degree awarded by one of the UK’s top modern universities.
GSM London is genuinely inclusive, helping our diverse student body realise their aspirations whatever their situation or background. We encourage them to have bold dreams and we focus on employability from day one. We currently have around 7,000 students studying for a range of business-related degrees.
About the Role
We are seeking a Subject Lead within the Energy and Procurement Department. You will have responsibility for leading the design, development, and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery either across a range of modules or within a subject area. You will work with others from across the College to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship, and our wider aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the College.
To be a successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate your extensive teaching experience and specialist knowledge within areas such as oil and gas management, energy, procurement, and supply chain management. You will hold a master’s level qualification, professional qualification or equivalent practitioner experience (including teaching within Higher Education). You will have experience in curriculum development and assessment design, quality management and enhancement in a Higher Education environment.
How to apply:
To apply please click here as we can only accept applications made via our website using the application form.
Applicants must include a completed application form addressing the selection criteria under the knowledge, skill and experience requirements section of the Job description.
GSM London are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. Please note you must have the Right to Work in the UK (without Employer sponsorship) to be considered for this role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. GSM London reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
To facilitate a consistent and transparent approach to the licensing of institutions.
• Plan and deliver reviews and approvals in accordance with our Key and Core documents
• Monitor and report on continued PEI licence compliance
• Contribute to organisational competence for key stakeholders including the planning and delivery of seminars, workshops and training sessions
• Attend and contribute to key EngC committees
• Participate in joint Licensing activities with external bodies
• Contribute to the delivery of the QAC secretariat
• Monitor and develop Registration Agreements
• Review and maintain Key and Core Licensing documents and other documenation
• Conduct staff liaison and establish/build relationships with Licenced Members and Professional Affiliates
• Support and, when required, deputise for the Licensing Manager
• Participate in other activities, including projects, where directed (including certification to external standards)
Authority: Will operate within delegations approved by the Licensing Manager
Internal contacts EngC staff, Board/Committee/Panel members, Liaison Officers, other volunteers
External Contacts: Professional Engineering Institution staff, Professional Affiliate staff. Professional Engineers and Technicians, Members of the public
Financial Responsibility: Within delegations
Key technical skills:
· Ability to communicate at all levels (written and oral), including capturing complex discussions on paper and producing readable, factual reports. (Essential)
· Ability to work to and evaluate processes and improve them to obtain the required outcomes. (Essential)
· Able to work flexibility and effectively with others, to develop, influence and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. (Essential)
· Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills. (Essential)
· Ability to identify and manage potentially contentious situations. (Essential)
· Understanding and appreciation of customer/stakeholder needs and relationship management. (Essential)
· Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and recognise the need for confidentiality when required. (Essential)
· Demonstrable IT competence, particularly MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) (Essential) Experience of SharePoint (Desirable)
· Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and continuous improvement.(Essential)
· Knowledge and understanding of UK engineering profession. (Desirable)
· Experience of working for a membership organisation or similar professional body. (Desirable)
· Experience of working with committees. (Desirable) Experience of managing volunteers in a formal setting (Desirable)
Key Behavioural Competencies: Able to demonstrate grade D competences particularly:
· work on own initiative and as part of team.
· manage time and resources effectively and efficiently, prioritising where necessary to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
· develop, influence and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
· ability to negotiate and influence where appropriate commitment to continual improvement - proactive in seeking to improve processes.
Qualifications: Graduate or equivalent (Desirable)
Relevant professional membership or qualification (Desirable)
Reference number: BA10026