We are pleased to announce the joint partnership between the EI and Acre to facilitate the provision of new commercial opportunities to our accredited members.
Since 2003 Acre have been the market pioneer of sustainability recruitment, and over this period have placed many of the world's leading professionals within the energy management and carbon space.
They are the first port of call for many global clients looking to expand their sustainability and energy teams and are well positioned within the market to assist our members in finding roles. Please click here to view their current opportunities.
Energy Institute job feed
To facilitate a consistent and transparent approach to the licensing of institutions.
• Plan and deliver reviews and approvals in accordance with our Key and Core documents
• Monitor and report on continued PEI licence compliance
• Contribute to organisational competence for key stakeholders including the planning and delivery of seminars, workshops and training sessions
• Attend and contribute to key EngC committees
• Participate in joint Licensing activities with external bodies
• Contribute to the delivery of the QAC secretariat
• Monitor and develop Registration Agreements
• Review and maintain Key and Core Licensing documents and other documenation
• Conduct staff liaison and establish/build relationships with Licenced Members and Professional Affiliates
• Support and, when required, deputise for the Licensing Manager
• Participate in other activities, including projects, where directed (including certification to external standards)
Authority: Will operate within delegations approved by the Licensing Manager
Internal contacts EngC staff, Board/Committee/Panel members, Liaison Officers, other volunteers
External Contacts: Professional Engineering Institution staff, Professional Affiliate staff. Professional Engineers and Technicians, Members of the public
Financial Responsibility: Within delegations
Key technical skills:
· Ability to communicate at all levels (written and oral), including capturing complex discussions on paper and producing readable, factual reports. (Essential)
· Ability to work to and evaluate processes and improve them to obtain the required outcomes. (Essential)
· Able to work flexibility and effectively with others, to develop, influence and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. (Essential)
· Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills. (Essential)
· Ability to identify and manage potentially contentious situations. (Essential)
· Understanding and appreciation of customer/stakeholder needs and relationship management. (Essential)
· Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and recognise the need for confidentiality when required. (Essential)
· Demonstrable IT competence, particularly MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) (Essential) Experience of SharePoint (Desirable)
· Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and continuous improvement.(Essential)
· Knowledge and understanding of UK engineering profession. (Desirable)
· Experience of working for a membership organisation or similar professional body. (Desirable)
· Experience of working with committees. (Desirable) Experience of managing volunteers in a formal setting (Desirable)
Key Behavioural Competencies: Able to demonstrate grade D competences particularly:
· work on own initiative and as part of team.
· manage time and resources effectively and efficiently, prioritising where necessary to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
· develop, influence and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
· ability to negotiate and influence where appropriate commitment to continual improvement - proactive in seeking to improve processes.
Qualifications: Graduate or equivalent (Desirable)
Relevant professional membership or qualification (Desirable)
Reference number: BA10026