About the role
Members – Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM).
Closing date: 9am - 21 March 2016
We are looking to appoint eleven people to the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM). Committee members work, under the Chair’s supervision, to deliver CoRWM’s programme of scrutiny and advice to Governments. This involves participating in sub-groups on specific issues of interest, drafting papers, and representing CoRWM at meetings with organisations that contribute to the Committee’s work, the public, a wide range of stakeholders and the media.
It is expected that members will spend a maximum of one day per week on CoRWM business. Appointment terms will be for two or four years. Remuneration will be £300 per day.
You will be able to build good working relationships and achieve consensus within a multi-disciplinary team, working co-operatively to achieve programme outcomes. Good communication and analytical skills will be vital. You will also be able to demonstrate one or more of the particular skills and experience that we are seeking to bring into the Committee in this appointment round.
- Geosciences including geology, geophysics, geochemistry and hydrogeology
- Geological disposal of radioactive waste
- Intermediate and deep underground radioactive waste disposal concepts and the performance of engineered barriers
- Underground design, engineering and construction
- Nuclear safety, security, safeguards, environmental protection and radiation protection
- Radioactive waste management technology & the operation of nuclear facilities
- Nuclear science & engineering including interim storage of nuclear materials
- Practical experience of regulation in the context of the UK nuclear industry
- Project management and delivery of large infrastructure projects
- Public & stakeholder engagement
- Practical experience of working in or with local government
- Land use Planning
- Nuclear and Environmental Law
- Practical experience of planning law
- Practical experience of the law relating to Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment and National Policy Statements