From March to December the Energy Institue holds a series of evening lectures on a variety of current topics from the energy industry.
Each lecture is delivered by an expert who provides an in-depth account of their activities, outputs, challenges and opportunities and includes a 30 minute question and answer session that enables delegates to put questions and views to the key players.
Venue: Energy Institute, 61 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7AR
Each lecture lasts approximately 1 ½ hours. Registration is at 16.30 for a 17.00 start concluding at 18.00 with a networking drinks reception. With the approval of the speaker, presentation materials will be made available to attendees after the event.
Evening lectures are free for all to attend but delegates are required to register in advance. If you are not able to attend in person, you can participate via our interactive webinar system instead. Please see the relevant event page for further information and to register for a lecture.
EI evening lecture programme is sponsored by:
Events in May 2018
- Is biomass the answer to 2020? (PDF 370 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Is biomass the answer to 2020? evening lecture presentation slides
- An affordable transition to sustainable and secure energy for light vehicles in the UK (PDF 909 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- June 6th evening lecture presentation slides
- Next-generation large blade technology for reducing the cost of offshore wind energy (PDF 1075 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- 27 June evening lecture slides
- Myth and realities of the shale oil and gas developments (PDF 2469 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Myth and realities of the shale oil and gas developments evening lecture slides
- Douglas Westwood Global Offshore Prospects (PDF 4214 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Slides from the Evening Lecture given by Douglas Westwood on 26 September 2013
- Pelamis - wave energy lecture (PDF 2333 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Presentation slides from the Pelamis - wave energy evening lecture that was held at the EI on 10 December 2013.
- Energy Infrastructure: a systems approach - PowerPoint (PDF 2083 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- The slides from the Energy Infrastructure evening lecture on 02 April 2014
- Energy Pricing: Securing and maintaining the best deal - PowerPoint (PDF 3614 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- Powerpoint slides from evening lecture on 07 May 2014
- Offshore wind: End of life opportunities - PowerPoint (PDF 1091 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- PowerPoint slide document from EI Evening Lecture on 4 June 2014. Speaker: Stuart Bradley, Offshore Renewables Strategy Manager, ETI Presentation: Offshore Wind –End of Life Opportunities
- Developing a cost effective CCS scheme for the UK - PowerPoint (PDF 1534 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- PDF of PowerPoint slides from Developing a cost effective CCS scheme for the UK evening lecture, 2 July 2014, Energy Institute
- ESOS evening lecture ppt (PDF 1167 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- PDF of slides from EI's evening lecture on ESOS, 5 November 2014, London
- EL Shale gas 10 Dec 2015 ppt (PDF 5543 Kb) [ Show summary ]
- PDF slides from EL on Shale gas 10 Dec 2015