Young Energy Professional of the Year Award
The EI's Young Professionals Network is delighted to welcome entries for the third EI Young Energy Professional of the Year award. Young professionals are the next generation of energy leaders: whether you have 10 years' experience, or are a fresh graduate, we want to celebrate your contribution to the industry, and reward your innovation, drive to deliver and passion of the younger generation of energy talent.
To enter for the Young Energy Professional of the Year Award, please submit a 500 word statement which answers the following:
Describe a project you have led, either in your professional career or through working with the local community, where you have made a contribution that has had a positive benefit for the energy industry and which demonstrates your engagement on energy issues and potential impact on wider society.
Entrants are asked to describe a project from their career, where they either led the activity (as a project manager) or made a significant contribution (as a team member), highlighting the impact of the project on the wider industry or community, and the entrant’s own contribution towards this change.
Projects of any type are welcome, including, but not limited to: Safety; Environment; Community; Regulatory; Technology; Investment in People.
For the Young Energy Professional of the Year Award, the judging panel will be looking for:
- Impact – Has the project delivered a positive energy-benefit to a community, the industry or wider society? Does the project demonstrate the use of professional skills to engage the energy sector and/or community?
- Innovation – Has the solution or idea applied to the challenge demonstrated an ability to think differently, show initiative and positively challenge convention?
- Passion and drive to deliver – Has the entrant been proactive in pursuing excellence? Has he/she gone the extra mile to make a positive change or to address an industry challenge, either at work or within the wider community?
1. Read the guidelines for submitting your entry above.
2. Download the submission form here.
3. Complete the submission form, inlcuding all of the items below:
- your 500-word entry statement
- a copy of your CV
- a written endorsement of up to 200 words from your employer, client or supervisor
4. Submit your completed submission form to Francesca Ferarri at e: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If your entry is shortlisted you will be required to deliver a presentation in front of the judges at the judging panel held in London on Tuesday 26 July 2016. If you are not able to attend the meeting in person your presentation can be delivered via Skype.
THE ENTRY DEADLINE FOR EI AWARDS 2016 HAS NOW CLOSED.