Welcome to International Petroleum (IP) Week
The online registration for IP Week is now closed. Registration will be open again at:
9.00 am on Tuesday 10 February 2015;
08.30 am on Wednesday 11 February 2015;
9.00 am on Thursday 12 February 2015.
Please come to the IP Week registration desk on the mezzanine Level, via the Ballroom entrance, at the InterContinental London Park Lane, One Hamilton Place, Hyde Park Corner, London W1J 7QY. If you have any urgent queries with regards to your attendence to IP Week, please contact Joanne Mcbratney, HG3 Conferences Ltd, +44 (0)1423 529333, Joanne.McBratney@hg3.co.uk
Welcome to International Petroleum Week, the thought-leadership forum for the global oil and gas industry organised by the Energy Institute (EI).
International Petroleum (IP) Week is a recognised forum for oil and gas, where influential industry figures and government officials discuss the opportunities and challenges facing the sector today and how to shape its future direction, attracting over 2,000 from the global oil and gas industry.
The theme of the 2015 programme is “Strategies for the changing oil and gas landscape”. In this year of General Elections in the UK and continuing political uncertainty around the world, the role of oil and gas in sustaining society and economic growth has been brought closer to the fore and the need for the industry to meet future challenges has become even more acute.
Our aim for the IP Week 2015 programme is to provide you with a robust platform upon which you and your peers can debate, discuss and share knowledge on how to address the current issues. Over the three days of conferences, roundtables and breakout sessions, we will be reviewing the state of affairs both globally and locally with a new focus in 2015 on the US and Latin America. The Middle East, Russia and the CIS, Africa and the Asia-Pacific regions will remain key areas of interest – even more so nowadays with the dramatic events taking place in Iraq, Syria and Ukraine.
IP Week 2015 will also provide its usual series of networking opportunities through our social events, notably the IP Week Dinner at which we will welcome Ben Van Beurden, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Dutch Shell, as our Guest of Honour. Our IP Week Drinks Reception and IP Week Lunch, which will see Andrew Austin, CEO, IGas Energy as our Guest of Honour, will offer great insights from leading figures from the industry alongside an opportunity for you to share experiences and views with fellow oil and gas professionals in a more informal yet stimulating environment.
Topics at IP Week 2015 include:
- Strategies for the changing oil and gas landscape
- Russia and CIS: the long term outlook
- Embracing growth opportunities in African oil and gas
- Capitalising on the expansion of Asia-Pacific’s natural gas market
- What are the opportunities for commercialising shale reserves in the MENA region?
- Developing the Middle East refining capacity
- US shale gas and tight oil: challenges, opportunities and their implications for the EU
- The increasing role of gas in the energy mix: its potential and challenges
- Strategies for raising capital for oil and gas projects and mitigating risk
- Energy reform in Mexico: unlocking deep-water and shale resources for foreign investment
- The new wave of refining capacity in the US – capitalising on the growth of domestic shale oil production
- Knowledge transfer: effective mentoring of the next generation