Welcome to International Petroleum (IP) Week
International Petroleum (IP) Week, hosted by the Energy Institute EI) is widely recognised as one of the major annual international oil and gas events, where decision makers gather to debate, learn and help shape the future direction of the industry. IP Week attracts delegates from over 50 countries every year.
Over the three days of conferences, roundtables and breakout sessions, we will review the state of affairs both globally and locally and provide you with a robust platform upon which you and your peers can debate, discuss and share knowledge on current issues and future scenarios.
IP Week sees a range of senior speakers sharing their thoughts on the challenges and opportunities they face as they navigate their companies through these uncertain times. Shifts in supply and demand, price fluctuations, upstream technological advances, finance and human capital concerns will all be covered during the opening conference, setting the scene and driving the conversation for the week. The theme of IP Week 2016 and of the opening conference is 'Navigating through uncertainty'. Other conferences and roundtables held during IP Week will focus among the others on:
- Conference: Energy in a carbon constrained world
- Conference: The role of natural gas in the energy mix
- Conference: Hot spots or not? Updates on the global supply landscape
- Conference: The African oil and gas growth story
- Conference: Capitalising on Russian and CIS oil and gas – now and in the future
- Conference: Europe: a region in transition
- Roundtable discussion: Middle East economic growth strategy: Opportunities for Iraq and Iran
- Roundtable discussion: China’s energy demand
- Roundtable discussion: Growth potential for Latin America's gas resources
- Breakfast briefing: BP Energy Outlook
- Breakfast briefing: The role of emerging technologies in delivering tomorrow’s energy infrastructure
IP Week also provides its usual series of networking opportunities through our social events, notably the IP Week Dinner. Our IP Week Drinks Reception, will offer a great opportunity to network and share experiences with fellow oil and gas professionals in an informal yet stimulating environment.