Smart Meters, Smart Grids, "Block Chain" and the Future of Cyber Security
- 19 January 2017
- 17.30 - 21.00
61 New Cavendish Street
Areas covered will include:
- An introduction to “Block Chain”: what it is, where it came from, and why is it now becoming an energy buzz word.
- Possible implications of using “Block Chain” for the energy community, especially, District Network Operators and Suppliers or whether it is just another “fad” with limited appeal to users.
- Does it stand to complicate, simplify or disrupt our changing energy landscape and whether the current smart meter deployment aids the engagement of a "Block Chain" Energy Economy.
- Will “Block Chain” be able to answer emerging criticisms of the value of a Smart Meter, or are the technologies incompatible?
- Where do they fit in the Energy Trilemma and what questions should we be asking about the integration of these areas?
- Would such an approach and integration heighten or lower a future smart grid’s cyber security?
The format of the evening will be different with the wider debate intended to come from the floor. There will be four short presentations of five minutes each, with only one slide per speaker.
Gavin Sallery from KiWi Power Leading UK Smart Technology Companies
More information about speakers to follow.
17:30 - Registration and refreshments
18:00 - Debate commences
19:30 - Networking and refreshments
The event is free to attend, please register here.*
*Eventbrite is an external site. To view their terms and conditions please click here. If you would prefer not to register through Eventbrite please contact the event organiser to book.
- For more information, contact
- Sam Botterill- Member, London and Home Counties Branch Committee
- Tel: 07799060128