Technical Presentation: Big Data, Industry Internet of Things and 4th Industrial Revolution
- 13 February 2018
- 18.00 - 21.00
- Marcliffe Hotel, North Deeside Road, Aberdeen AB15 9YA
Karl Watson is ABB’s Global Process Safety Product Manager. He has over 30 years’ experience working within the Upstream/Midstream and downstream Chemical, Oil & Gas process Industries. Karl has been a TUV functional safety engineer for nearly 10 years. Karl’s role includes client interface support throughout various phases of the Process and Functional Safety lifecycle such as hazard identification, Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination, SIL realization, operation and maintenance and Functional Safety Assessments. Following 4 years in the USA providing process safety consulting, Karl took on the role of ABB Global Process Safety Product Manager. His portfolio includes ABB’s process safety consulting offerings, applications to support the process and functional safety lifecycles and integration with ABB’s safety technologies.
Karl will present a topical PSM update on:
• ABB SafetyInsight® applications which tracks operation of valves and other equipment, and automatically produces reports which can provide independent validation of successful operation, enabling quicker start-up and re-scheduling of associated maintenance activities, following unplanned shutdowns.
• How the above information can be used to demonstrate compliance against new requirements within IEC61511 Ed 2.
|EI Individual member
||£ 0.00 (£ 0.00 inc. VAT)Join now...|
|Non member||£ 0.00 (£ 0.00 inc. VAT)|
- For more information, contact
- Miles Murawiecki
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org