01 Jan 2018
Global oil and gas leaders confirmed for IP Week 2018
Ian Taylor, Chairman and Group CEO of Vitol, is the latest big name to confirm as speaking at International Petroleum (IP) Week 2018 in London in February, the Energy Institute announced today
Ian Taylor, Chairman and Group CEO of Vitol, is the latest big name to confirm as speaking at International Petroleum (IP) Week 2018 in London in February, the Energy Institute announced today.
Meeting under the headline of ‘Re-engineering business operating models’, a diverse line-up of international oil and gas figures are confirmed, including BP CEO Bob Dudley, OPEC Secretary General Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo and IEA Executive Director Dr Fatih Birol FEI.
Ian Taylor will be the keynote speaker and guest of honour at the prestigious dinner on the final day of IP Week 2018. Addressing over 1,000 guests, he will draw on more than thirty years of experience in the energy sector. Since being appointed CEO in 1995, Ian has grown Vitol to become a leading physical trader of energy, with a turnover of $152 billion and offices in over 40 countries worldwide.
Energy Institute Chief Executive, Louise Kingham OBE FEI, commented:
“IP Week 2018 is shaping up to be the place to hear from the most high level speakers and engage on the most critical topics for the industry – in particular the need to meet the challenges posed by the lower oil and gas prices, mitigating climate change and staying ahead of increased digitalisation.”
Speakers confirmed for IP Week include:
- Bob Dudley FEI, Chief Executive, BP
- Ian Taylor, Chief Executive, Vitol
- His Excellency Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol FEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Jessica Uhl, Chief Financial Officer, Shell
- Franco Magnani, Chief Executive Officer, Trading & Shipping, Eni
- Arnaud Breuillac, President, Exploration & Production, Total
- Bernard Looney FEI, Chief Executive, Upstream, BP
- Tove Stuhr Sjøblom, Chief Executive Officer, Oslo Energy Forum
- Eirik Wærness, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Statoil
- Dev Sanyal, Executive Vice President, Regions, BP
- Ashok Belani, Executive Vice President Technology, Schlumberger
- Dr Angus McCoss, Exploration Director, Tullow Oil
- Yashar Latifov, Vice President for Field Development, SOCAR
Put together by leading sector experts, the IP Week programme brings together senior figures and key thinkers on energy, to help industry leaders navigate big challenges, and share insight in an era of accelerated global transition.
The programme for 2018, and event tickets, can be found at www.ipweek.co.uk