IP Standard test methods for analysis and testing of petroleum and related products and British Standard 2000 Parts, 2012
IP Standard test methods (STM) is an essential part of any quality control regime for petroleum testing laboratories. A necessary tool for the national and international testing of petroleum and petroleum products. The 2012 version of IP Standard Test Methods also enables laboratories to provide evidence of compliance with the most up to date test methods during inspections.
Updates for the 2012 edition include:
3 New Full Standard Test Methods
- 587/11 Liquid petroleum products — Determination of nickel and varadium content - Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- 596/12 Determination of distillation characteristics of petroleum products - Micro distillation method
- 597/12 Rating of heater tubes - Inteferometric method
2 New Proposed Methods
- PM EI/12 Determination of the smoke point of kerosine, manual and automated method
- PM EL/12 Determination of fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) in aviation turbine fuel - Gas Chromatography using heart-cutting and refocusing
And 5 test methods with significant technical changes
- 16/12 Determination of the freezing point of aviation fuels - Manual method
- 528/12 Determination of the freezing point of aviation turbine fuels - Automated fibre optic method
- 529/12 Determination of the freezing point of aviation fuels - Automatic laser method
- 435/12 Determination of the freezing point of aviation turbine fuels by the automatic phase transition method
- 570/12 Determination of hydrogen sulfide in fuel oils - Rapid liquid phase extraction method
Revisions to existing test methods are detailed in a summary of changes at the end of each method.
Sold in a 3 volume paperback set and includes a searchable, CD Rom (containing all bitumen test methods).
ISBN: 978 0 85293 620 7 71st edition March 2012
Price: £645.00 (EI member price: £483.75)
Please remember to log in as an EI member to obtain a discount when ordering.