IP Standard Test Methods for analysis and testing of petroleum and related products, and British Standard 2000 Parts, 2015
IP Standard test methods (STM) is an essential part of any quality control regime for petroleum testing laboratories. A necessary tool for the national and international testing of petroleum and petroleum products, the 2015 version of IP Standard Test Methods also enables laboratories to provide evidence of compliance with the most up to date test methods during inspections.
Updates for the 2015 edition include:
3 New Full Standard Test Methods
- 599/14 FAME in AVTUR – gas chromatography using heart cut and refocusing
- 602/14 Determination of sustained combustibility of liquids
- 608/15 Determination of Mercury in burner fuels derived from waste mineral oils - Wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry method analysis
1 New Proposed Method
- PM EP/15 Determination of ignition delay and derived cetane number (DCN) of middle distillate fuels — Ignition delay and combustion delay determination using a constant volume combustion chamber with direct fuel injection
And 14 test methods with significant technical changes
- 236/14 Determination of knock characteristics of motor and aviation fuels — Motor method
- 237/14 Determination of knock characteristics of motor fuels — Research method
- 323/15 Determination of thermal stability of gas turbine fuels
- 326/15 Determination of extreme pressure properties of grease — Timken method
- 408/14 Determination of organic oxygenate compounds and total organically bound oxygen content by gas chromatography (O-FID)
- 435/15 Determination of the freezing point of aviation turbine fuels by the automatic phase transition method
- 440/14 Determination of total contamination in middle distillates, diesel fuels and fatty acid methyl esters
- 498/15 Determination of ignition delay and derived cetane number (DCN) of middle distillate fuels by combustion in a constant volume chamber
- 529/15 Determination of the freezing point of aviation fuels — Automatic laser method
- 566/14 Determination of hydrocarbon types and oxygenates in automotive-motor gasoline and in ethanol (E85) automotive fuel — Multidimensional gas chromatography method
- 570/14a Determination of hydrogen sulfide in fuel oils — Rapid liquid phase extraction method
- 574/14 Determination of oxidation stability by accelerated oxidation method
- 578/14 Determination of polyunsaturated (≥4 double bonds) fatty acid methyl esters (PUFA) by gas chromatography
- 579/14 Determination of fatty acid methyl ester (FAME) content in middle distillates — Infrared spectrometry method
USB stick is searchable and contains all bitumen test methods.
Revisions to existing test methods are detailed in a summary of changes at the end of each method.
Sold in a 3 volume paperback set and includes a searchable, USB stick. To purchase individual methods, visit the IP Test Methods section of the site.
ISBN: 978 0 85293 725 9 73rd edition Apr 2015
EI member price: £547.50
EI non-member price: £730.00
To purchase this publication from our publishing website please register with the site on its home page. If you are a member of the EI you can update your profile page with your EI membership details to obtain a discount when ordering.