EI 1590 Specifications and qualification procedures for aviation fuel microfilters
This publication provides mechanical requirements for microfilters, and laboratory/test rig procedures/protocols for use in the qualification testing of a design or model of microfilter.
It applies to:
- microfilter elements of the disposable cartridge type, or those with a replaceable/disposable media layer (incorporating a centre tube that remains fixed in the vessel), intended for use in aviation fuel handling systems (avgas or jet fuel);
- elements nominally rated as 1,0, 2,0, 3,0, 5,0 or 10,0 μm;
- microfilter elements having a nominal outside diameter of 150 mm (6 in.), 100 mm (4 in.) or 50 mm (2 in.);
- microfilter elements housed in a vessel that has either a vertical or horizontal orientation;
- microfilter elements with screw-based, open-ended or internal O-ring (for radial contact
'push-on') mounting arrangements, and
- microfilters up to a maximum length of 1 422 mm (56 in.)
It is an indispensable reference for all those involved in the design, manufacture and supply of microfilters for aviation fuel handling systems, as well as those involved in the design, construction and operation of aviation fuel handling systems in which microfilters may be incorporated.
ISBN: 978 0 85293 707 5 3rd edition Sept 2014
EI member price: £63.75
EI non-member price: £85.00
To purchase this publication from our publishing website please register with the site on its home page. If you are a member of the EI you can update your profile page with your EI membership details to obtain a discount when ordering.