- In this issue you will find an article by our President, Ian Marchant FEI, entitled 'Powering human progress - past, present and future' - see pg.14/15.
- In a unique collaboration with the Energy Institute (EI), The Crown Estate has brought together over 100 reports and publications, produced as part of its strategic offshore wind programme, and made them more widely available through the EI Knowledge Service.
- A new report from PwC and industry body POWERful Women1 (PfW) is calling for a dramatic rise in the number of women entering, staying in and reaching the highest levels of the energy industry, a move it says would improve future decision making, bring fresh perspectives, enhance stakeholder trust and strengthen the UK energy industry in the long term.
- The Energy Institute (EI) has presented one of its most prestigious prizes, the Melchett Award, to Lord Ronald Oxburgh of Liverpool KBE HonFEI. In response, Lord Oxburgh delivered the Melchett Lecture to EI members and guests, covering the topic of 'The energy dilemma - politics and stark choice'.
- The Energy Institute (EI) is pleased to welcome Andrew Austin, Chief Executive, IGas Energy, as Guest of Honour and speaker at the International Petroleum (IP) Week Lunch. This event will be held on Wednesday 11 February at the InterContinental Park Lane, London.
- As an EI Member you now have access, via the eLibrary section of this website, to Science in Parliament (SIP), Autumn 2014 edition - The Journal of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee. The Committee is an Associate Parliamentary Group of members of both Houses of Parliament and British members of the European Parliament, representatives of scientific and technical institutions, industrial organisations and universities
- The Energy Institute (EI) has been approved by the Environment Agency to qualify Lead Assessors under the UK Government's Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS).