- On 22 April, the EI's North Eastern branch's Young Professionals Network (YPN) held their first careers event of 2016 at Newcastle University. With around 60 delegates from local universities and employers, the event was a big success.
- EI Humber branch presents prizes at the Design & Technology Exhibition at Caistor Grammar School
- The G9 Offshore Wind Health and Safety Association (G9), in partnership with the Energy Institute (EI), has translated its good practice guidelines for offshore wind safety in both Danish and German to assist in adoption at non-UK sites.
- The latest Retail Marketing Survey, conducted by the Energy Institute (EI) and published as a supplement to the EI's April issue of Petroleum Review, indicates that the trend for forecourt closures has begun to pick up again. The total number of forecourts in the UK at the close of 2015 stands at 8,472 sites, compared with 8,609 sites in 2014, a 1.59% decrease (compared with a fall of just 0.02% a year earlier, and a drop of 0.94% in 2013).
- On Wednesday 9 March, Durham Alumni and former Energy Institute (EI) President, Ian Marchant delivered a thoroughly engaging speech on the future of electricity. Co-hosted by Durham Energy Institute (DEI) and the EI, the event was very well attended and attracted a range of students, graduates, professionals and retired engineers.