- The Energy Institute (EI) has received over 140 entries from across 23 countries to its 2016 energy industry EI Awards competition. This year's submissions once again capture the diversity of outstanding achievements across the global energy sector. The winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on 10 November with Mark Foster, former champion swimmer and broadcaster as the host.
- Steve Holliday FREng FEI, Vice-President of the Energy Institute, will deliver the Annual Fuellers' Energy Lecture, also known as the Ezra Lecture, on 6 September in London.
- The Energy Manager of the Year Award 2017, sponsored by the Energy Institute (EI) is now open for entries.
- The EI South Western & South Wales branch enjoyed a special outing to the famous Bletchley Park for their 2016 Summer Social.
- On Wednesday 20 July, the Energy Institute (EI) and POWERful Women (PfW) hosted a roundtable discussion on 'The importance of women in energy' to address the barriers facing women working in the global energy sector. The event was co-chaired by United States Deputy Secretary of Energy, Dr Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, and Louise Kingham OBE FEI, EI Chief Executive.
- The Energy Institute (EI), the chartered professional membership body for the global energy sector, now offers a new online qualification in energy management. Level 2: Energy Management Professional provides students with the opportunity to complete 15 modules on a variety of energy management topics, and to carry out a feasibility study of a real-world problem in their organisation, in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of energy management.