- The Energy Institute (EI) invites its members to participate in its work by joining the EI's Council as an elected member. The Council is the EI's board of trustees made up of volunteers who represent all aspects of the EI's stakeholders, and deals with the strategic direction of the EI.
- The Energy Institute (EI) has released a new publication, A guide to energy management, as part of the EI's Energy Essentials collection. The first copies will be available from the EI at edieLive, held on 17-18 May in Birmingham. The guide is also available to download free of charge.
- The Energy Institute (EI) will strive to answer this question at its second Energy Systems conference on 14-15 June in London. Organised in association with Elsevier, this biennial event brings together researchers, academia, industry, investors and policymakers to explore the most suitable and efficient ways to design, finance and build a better and more sustainable energy system.
- The Energy Institute (EI) has named Sir David King FRS HonFEI, Foreign Secretary's Special Representative for Climate Change as the 2016 recipient of its prestigious Melchett Award. This honour is made to individuals for outstanding work, whether in research, administration, construction or other professional activity, involving the scientific preparation or use of energy.
- On 22 April, the EI's North Eastern branch's Young Professionals Network (YPN) held their first careers event of 2016 at Newcastle University. With around 60 delegates from local universities and employers, the event was a big success.
- EI Humber branch presents prizes at the Design & Technology Exhibition at Caistor Grammar School