- The G9 Offshore Wind Health and Safety Association (G9) held a successful Safer by Design workshop last month in Oslo, Norway, on the subject of emergency escape from a turbine nacelle in the event of a fire. The workshop was attended by a range of industry representatives with engineering and HSE backgrounds with presentations given from a number of experts within the industry on fire control and mitigation, equipment and PPE to facilitate escape from the nacelle, and escape training and competency requirements.
- The Humber branch of the Energy Institute (EI) sponsored three prizes at the recent Design &Technology Exhibition at Caistor Grammar School on 4 March.
- A group of 20 members of the East Midlands branch visited the Eastcroft Energy from Waste facility (EfW) in Nottingham on 10 February.
- EI Middle East worked with the EI Technical team to provide presentations and training at the Global HSE Conference in Dubai in March.
- The annual Energy Institute (EI) Northern Ireland branch dinner took place on Friday 20 March at the Titanic Belfast.
- The Energy Institute (EI), in partnership with the Oil & Gas UK, has published the sixth edition of its Pipeline and Riser Loss of Containment (PARLOC) report, containing statistics from a 12-year operating period.