- Prof Jim Skea CBE FEI, EI President and Dr Joanne Wade FEI, Chair of the EI's Energy Advisory Panel, will present the outcomes of the Energy Barometer 2016 survey to the All- Party Parliamentary Group of Energy Studies (PGES) on 25 October.
- The G9 Offshore Wind Health and Safety Association (G9) has today rebranded itself as the Global Offshore Wind Health & Safety Organisation (G+).
- His Excellency Eng. Suhail Mohamed Faraj Al Mazrouei, UAE Minister of Energy, will give the keynote address at the Energy Institute (EI)'s upcoming event in Abu Dhabi. The EI's Middle East HSE Forum: effective management of health, safety, environment and sustainability will be held on 17-19 October 2016.
- The EI Aberdeen, Highlands and Islands branch's Young Professionals Network (EIYPN) brought together 50 young professionals in August for a panel event entitled 'Will Collaboration Develop My Career?'.
- The Energy Institute (EI) has received over 140 entries from across 23 countries to its 2016 energy industry EI Awards competition. This year's submissions once again capture the diversity of outstanding achievements across the global energy sector. The winners will be announced at a ceremony in London on 10 November with Mark Foster, former champion swimmer and broadcaster as the host.
- Steve Holliday FREng FEI, Vice-President of the Energy Institute, will deliver the Annual Fuellers' Energy Lecture, also known as the Ezra Lecture, on 6 September in London.