Insight into the future of global energy markets - full video of IEA Executive Director's lecture now online
“Limiting the global temperature rise to 2°C would require an energy transition of exceptional scope, depth and speed” – these are the concluding words of the lecture delivered in London this week (4 July) by Dr Fatih Birol, following receipt of the prestigious Energy Institute (EI) Melchett Award.
Entitled ‘Global Energy Markets and Environment Challenges: Today and Tomorrow’, it is an authoritative and eye-opening lecture spanning supply and demand, the range of energy sources and technologies, and their environmental impacts.
Dr Birol’s full lecture is now available to watch online at: https://www.energyinst.org/events/melchett-cadman
1. For media enquiries please contact Nick Turton on 020 7467 7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Photos of the Melchett Lecture can be viewed here.
3. Dr Birol’s biography is available to download here.
4. The prestigious Melchett Award dates back to 1930, when it was instituted by The Rt Hon Sir Alfred Mond, who later became Lord Melchett and Chairman of ICI. It is presented to an individual for their outstanding contribution to the study or advancement of the science of fuel and energy.
5. The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, developing and sharing knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system. The EI supports over 23,000 individuals working in or studying energy and 250 companies worldwide, providing learning and networking opportunities to support professional development, as well as professional recognition and technical and scientific knowledge resources on energy in all its forms and applications.