US Deputy Energy Secretary to address IP Week 2018
U.S. Deputy Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette, a key figure in the Trump administration, completes the high-profile speaker line up for IP Week 2018, the Energy Institute (EI) announced today.
Mr Brouillette will address senior industry leaders at the conference, which is held in London between 20-22 February, on how the current administration's policies for the oil and gas industry will create space for innovation and investment in the US sector.
Louise Kingham OBE FEI, Chief Executive of the EI, commented:
“The United States has become one of the big stories in oil and gas today. Unlocking unconventional reserves, in a cost-effective way, has instigated a step-change in the global market.
“Mr Brouillette’s perspective on where next for US energy policy, in particular transformative energy technologies, will sit alongside those of the high-profile IP Week speakers from the energy world.”
Mr. Brouillette has three decades of experience in both the public and private sector, having most recently been the Senior Vice President and Head of Public Policy for USAA, a leading provider of financial services to the US military community. Previous to this, Mr Brouillette was a Vice President of Ford Motor Company, where he led the automaker’s domestic policy teams and served on its North American Operating Committee.
Speaking on the opening day of three-day conference, Mr Brouillette joins an impressive line-up of energy sector leaders confirmed for the event, including:
- Bob Dudley FEI, Group Chief Executive, BP
- Jessica Uhl, Chief Financial Officer, Shell
- Dr Fatih Birol FEI, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr Pratima Rangarajan, Chief Executive Officer, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Nizar M. Al-Adsani, Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- Ian Taylor FEI, Chairman & Group Chief Executive Officer, Vitol
- Franco Magnani, Chief Executive Officer, Trading & Shipping, Eni
- Arnaud Breuillac, President, Exploration & Production, Total
- Eirik Wærness, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Statoil
- Tove Stuhr Sjøblom, Chief Executive Officer, Oslo Energy Forum
- Dr Bassam Fattouh, Director, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Ashok Belani, Executive Vice President Technology, Schlumberger
- Minister Counsellor Jiang Sunan, Science & Technology Affairs, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China to the UK
Put together by leading sector experts, the IP Week programme brings together senior figures and key thinkers on energy, to help industry leaders navigate big challenges, and share insight in an era of accelerated global transition.
The programme for 2018, and event tickets, can be found at www.ipweek.co.uk
Notes for editors
1. For any media enquiries please contact Neil Michie, Communications Manager, on +44 (0)20 7467 7132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. More information about IP Week 2018, including how to book tickets, can be found on the dedicated event website: https://www.ipweek.co.uk/
3. The Energy Institute (EI) brings energy expertise together.
We’re a unique global network with insight built over a century and spanning the whole energy system, from conventional oil and gas to the most innovative low carbon and energy efficient technologies.
We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, the skills that are helping us use it more wisely, and the good practice that keeps it safe and secure.
We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of our 20,000 global members to the heart of the public debate.
And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration - an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.
The EI is here for anyone who wants to better understand the extraordinary energy system on which we all depend.