- The G+ Global Offshore Wind Health and Safety Organisation (G+), has issued its latest "Safe by Design" workshop report, documenting the key recommendations and outcomes from a workshop held in September 2016, held in light of a fatal incident on an onshore wind turbine in Germany in 2015.
- Engineering underpins every aspect of society - the homes we live in, our work and leisure, the energy and transport we use and the health and care we all need. Engineering makes a major contribution to the UK?s economy - some £280 billion - that is 20% of GVA - and half our exports. Engineering holds the solutions to the pressing global challenges of clean energy, food and clean water for all and raising standards of living.
- Engineering profession calls for stable delivery of a long term, low carbon energy strategy in new report
- EI Nigeria carried out an Induction for the Participants of the Graduate Engineering Training Scheme
- The UK fuel retail sector has turned a corner, with the long-term trend of forecourt closures stabilising at 8,489 sites operating at the close of 2016, according to the latest Retail Marketing Survey, conducted by the Energy Institute (EI) and published as a supplement to the EI?s April issue of Petroleum Review. This compares to 8,472 sites in 2015 and 8,609 in 2014.
- EI Vice President and former National Grid Chief Executive Steve Holliday has been appointed by the government as Chair of the Youth Full-Time Social Action review. This is an important review aimed at helping young people gain skills that will make them more employable and make a difference to society through increased participation in volunteering
- A NASA astronaut who clocked up 750 hours in orbit including 17 hours on spacewalks joined an audience of more than 300 from the energy industry today (2 March) for the flagship annual dinner of the Energy Institute (EI) Aberdeen, Highlands and Islands branch.
- The EI and the Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) have signed an agreement to host a joint international technical forum on health, safety and environment in the Middle East to take place in Dubai, 16-18 May 2017.
- Engineering UK have published their 2017 Report, produced in partnership with the Energy Institute (EI) and other professional engineering institutions.
- The Energy Institute (EI) Aberdeen, Highlands and Islands branch?s invitation to Prof Sir David King FRS HonFEI to give a prestigious lecture in Aberdeen last week proved a great success, with an audience of more than 100 listening to the distinguished speaker.