- EI Vice President and former National Grid Chief Executive Steve Holliday has been appointed by the government as Chair of the Youth Full-Time Social Action review. This is an important review aimed at helping young people gain skills that will make them more employable and make a difference to society through increased participation in volunteering
- A NASA astronaut who clocked up 750 hours in orbit including 17 hours on spacewalks joined an audience of more than 300 from the energy industry today (2 March) for the flagship annual dinner of the Energy Institute (EI) Aberdeen, Highlands and Islands branch.
- The EI and the Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) have signed an agreement to host a joint international technical forum on health, safety and environment in the Middle East to take place in Dubai, 16-18 May 2017.
- Engineering UK have published their 2017 Report, produced in partnership with the Energy Institute (EI) and other professional engineering institutions.
- The Energy Institute (EI) Aberdeen, Highlands and Islands branch?s invitation to Prof Sir David King FRS HonFEI to give a prestigious lecture in Aberdeen last week proved a great success, with an audience of more than 100 listening to the distinguished speaker.
- The G+ Global Offshore Wind Health and Safety Organisation (G+), in partnership with the Energy Institute (EI), held their annual Stakeholder Forum in London on 06 December. At the event the G+ outlined their Quick Wins in response to the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Bootle workshop that was held in November 2015.
- In the wake of the UK vote to leave the European Union, the ratification of the Paris Agreement on climate change, Donald Trump?s election to the US presidency and with further political and economic milestones ahead, International Petroleum (IP) Week 2017 - hosted by the EI in London from 21 to 23 February - will offer a timely forum to assess the future impact of these events on the global oil and gas sector, as well as debate the effect of industry-specific issues such as oil prices remaining low and OPEC?s production cuts.
- The Energy Institute (EI), organisers of the renowned annual oil and gas industry forum International Petroleum (IP) Week, is proud to announce Dr Hoesung Lee, Chair of the International Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as a keynote speaker to its 2017 event taking place in London, 21-23 February.
- The Energy Institute (EI) celebrated Aberdeen's best MSc students by hosting a special competition evening on 29 November.
- Energy Institute (Malaysia) was appointed as ICCEIB2016 Conference partner by the organizing committee. Part of the agreement require that the organizing committee to provide a booth to EI (M) for the purpose of promoting EI and do a membership drive. EI (M) East Coast Region took the responsibility to operate the booth on behalf of EI (M).