As a Company Member, your organisation will have the opportunity to:
RAISE YOUR PROFILE
- Profile your organisation free of charge on the EI website. The entry will include your logo, a 100 word summary of your activities and a URL link to your own website
- Advertise your organisation at preferential rates: 15% discount when advertising in Petroleum Review and Energy World
- Submit articles on relevant topics for consideration by the editors of our respected journals, Petroleum Review and/or Energy World
- Receive a company membership certificate and include the EI Company Member logo on your promotional literature, stationery or website.
CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR INDUSTRY AND GET INVOLVED
- Put forward speakers for branch and national events. The EI offers a range of conferences, seminars, dinners, lunches and other events dealing with all sectors of the energy business, and is ideally placed to identify topical issues and provide a forum for debate led by experts from industry and government
- Participate in technical workshops, as speakers and delegates
- Participate in industry consultations providing technical advice to policy-making bodies
- Become part of the industry-wide advisory panels that determine the focus and content of EI events
- Benefit from close links with affiliated universities, and work jointly with them on project development. This benefit would be of particular interest to companies who would like project work to be carried out in a certain area of the industry but who do not have the resources or the time to carry out the projects on their own. The EI assists its Company Members in forming links with universities whose students may carry out the work as part of their degree course.
NETWORK AND MAKE NEW CONTACTS
- Take advantage of free or discounted passes to events organised by the EI and its partners
- Expand your networks through involvement with the local branches operating both in the UK and abroad, including Europe, Africa, the US, India, the Middle East, South East Asia and Hong Kong. The branches host a range of events which provide a forum for discussion within and across industry. Branch events provide vital routes for promoting your services at a local level
- Reach the industry's key participants with exclusive opportunities to place your organisation's literature in EI delegate bags at major events
- Enjoy exclusive access to the Members-only sections on the EI website, including news databases and the e-versions of Petroleum Review and Energy World
- Hire, at discounted rates, Central London meeting rooms, conference facilities and lecture theatre equipped with the latest AV facilities.
KEEP INFORMED AND STAY IN TOUCH
- Receive a 25% discount on most titles in our publications catalogue, also available online, including essential guidance in the areas of health, safety, environment, distribution, fuels and test methods
- Receive Petroleum Review and Energy World free of charge, plus a discount to subscribe to the Journal of the Energy Institute. Receive free supplements, Retail Marketing Survey, Future Energy, Future Fuels, Future Refining
- Take advantage of special discounts from EI publishing partners, including 10% off subscriptions to Croner’s Energy Management handbook
- Company Members are eligible for discounted online licences, enabling company-wide access to technical guidance which facilitates industry self-regulation
- Take advantage of one of the largest energy related library and information services in the UK, including online database and research resources. Company Members are invited to use the library facilities free of charge. The library also undertakes assignments to carry out specific research, available to Company Members at a discounted rate
- Free access to the online EI data service, comprising over 30 datasheets including company and organisation address lists and useful information on the industry, including petroleum, coal, electricity, nuclear and renewables statistics.
RECRUIT, TRAIN AND DEVELOP YOUR STAFF
- Take advantage of membership workshops at your location(s) geared to particular groups of staff such as graduates, technicians, engineering/non-engineering professionals, and enjoy preferential bulk discounts when your staff join the EI as individual members
- Publicise your current vacancies in Petroleum Review and/or Energy World
- Recruit tomorrow’s energy professionals directly through student and graduate networks
- Take advantage of expert support and advice on training and developing your staff, including specific advice on gaining professional recognition
- Obtain discounts when booking places on the EI industry training courses
- Ask our experts to develop and build workshops which are tailor-made to your business needs and objectives
- Obtain accreditation and certification for your organisation’s training and work-based learning schemes at all levels
- Receive guidance on achieving accreditation through the Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme
- Add your qualifying organisation representatives to the Register of Energy Consultants, and advertise there at discounted rates
- Empower your workforce by utilising the EI’s professional development system. The system offers the facility to plan, record and monitor both initial professional development (IPD) – towards professional membership and registration – and continuing professional development (CPD). The IPD service offers the option of using a mentor to assist in staff development. The service includes all the standards and competences needed to work towards MEI, FEI, TMEI, CEng, IEng, EngTech and CSci status as well as providing valuable CPD tools such as SWOT analysis
There are four grades of company membership available to your organisation: Company Member, Technical Company Member, EI Partner and Academic/Learning Affiliate. Click here to find out which is the right one for your organisation.
For further information, please contact Sheila Wallace, Membership Officer at t: +44 (0)20 7467 7120 or e: email@example.com