Our member benefits are designed specifically to:
Provide formal recognition of your skills, achievements and expertise. This means we have a wide range of professional membership grades, registration opportunities and chartered titles available which are relevant for your energy specialism. We also have a register of professional energy consultants on which our professional members can be included. Employers and clients know that EI professional members have been assessed by their peers who have validated their qualifications and expertise.
Provide assistance to help you develop your career. We have an online professional development scheme with mentoring facilities; we run a wide range of training and development courses; we hold and participate in a series of events, seminars and conferences in the UK and abroad. All of these are designed to help you increase your knowledge and understanding of the energy sector. We give members generous discounts on our publications; our monthly member magazines and their supplements are widely regarded as being relevant, readable and what members expect us to provide.
Membership to the Energy Institute (EI) offers all the benefits you would expect from the energy industry's specialist professional body:
- Recognition of professional expertise
- Free subscription to one of the EI's monthly magazines (Petroleum Review or Energy World) with discounts on other EI publications
- Chance to be selected to join EI College and contribute to our annual Energy Barometer report
- Opportunity to influence energy policy and exchange knowledge within the industry through government consultations
- Free Branch and Special Interest Group membership plus a wide range of other networking opportunities
- Discounted access to training, events, seminars and conferences
- Free career advice and professional development support
- Exclusive Members-only information available on our website
- Access to over 90,000 information resources through the Energy Matrix
- Free use of our EI Knowledge Service including extensive library (with desk space available) and data and information services
- Free use of London facilities (including hot-desks in library) and information services
- Other services of value such as insurance
Our members come from a very wide range of backgrounds. Energy is our business; it is what all our members and stakeholders have in common. Whether you work in the energy sector, we are relevant for you. So why not join us today and start enjoying the benefits of EI membership?