Chartered Energy Manager
Chartered Energy Managers are professionals who manage energy in an organisation and make sure that it is used efficiently. They provide advice on developing and implementing energy efficient policies. They are not only energy experts, with wide ranging knowledge of complex issues; they also need to be great communicators and change managers, helping others understand the potential of energy efficient practice, and influencing organisation policy.
Chartered Energy Manager is a title unique to the EI – it is not available from any other institution. Successful applicants have the option to become an ESOS Lead Assessor.
How to apply:
If you are not already a member you will first need to join as an Associate Member (AMEI) or Affiliate member. This can be done at the some time you submit an application for IEng registration or while you are compiling your application. From 01 July 2018 the Membership Panel will only accept applications from existing members.
You need to apply jointly for professional membership of the EI (FEI or MEI) with Chartered Energy Manager. If you are currently FEI or MEI, a fast-track (grand parenting route) is still available. You need to supply – for assessment by the Membership panel:
- Completed application form – please ensure this is signed
- Professional Development Review – this should demonstrate how and where you meet the standards and competences outlined in the Mermber Chartered Energy Manager guidance notes or Fellow Chartered Energy Manager guidance notes. There is a separate guidance note on writing your PDR
- Completed competence grids
- A detailed CPD record and future plan on how you intend to maintain your competence
- Organisation Chart – this should show your position within your organisation
- Two sponsor references – please ensure these are signed and comments included. We provide a sponsor reference form
- True and signed copies of your academic and other certificates
- True and signed copy of photographic id showing your signature and date of birth
- Application / transfer fee (£138 / £166 if you are not a member of any description and apply for Member or Fellow respectively; £75 if you are applying for a different grade of EI membership).
If you feel you need more training first, we have training courses in energy management to help you.
CEM and ESOS Lead Assessor:
Chartered Energy Managers can also apply for ESOS lead assessor status as part of their application, provided that they have a minimum length of two years of professional energy assessment and energy audit experience relevant to the core competences of PAS 51215. All those who wish to be ESOS Lead Assessors also need to complete the EI Lead Assessor training within six months of becoming a Chartered Energy Manager.
If you are already a Chartered Energy Manager and would like to be added to the list of Lead Assessors please email email@example.com
To view the list please visit: http://efficiency.energyinst.org/
Download your application pack here.
If you have any questions on the above then please contact the membership department on
+44(0)20 7467 7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org