Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)
Chartered Environmentalists are professionals who are particularly concerned with the environmental impacts and implications of plans, strategies and actions. They work to mitigate and solve environmental challenges in energy, and to promote sustainability.
They can be involved a range of energy-related sectors.They will be collaborative professionals who are able to visualise beyond the immediate context of their practice or the project. Chartered Environmentalists will possess and actively encourage wider understanding of environmental, social, economic and governmental issues.
For more information on the required competencies for becoming a Chartered Environmentalist, please review the guidance notes included in the application pack.
How to apply:
If you are not already a professional member of the EI, you should apply for either Fellow (FEI) or Member (MEI) and Chartered Environmentalist at the same time. Please see the Member and Fellow pages. For the CEnv title we will need:
- CEnv completed application form – please ensure this is signed
- A detailed CPD record and future plan on how you intend to maintain your competence
- Organisation Chart – this should show your position within your organisation
- Two sponsor references – please ensure these are signed and comments included. We provide a sponsor reference form
- True and signed copies of your academic and other certificates
- True and signed copy of photographic ID showing your signature and date of birth
- Application / transfer fee (£95 if you are not a member of any description; £65 if you are applying for a different grade of EI membership)
Download your application pack here.
If you have any questions on the above then please contact the membership department on
+44(0)20 7467 7100 or email@example.com
The Society for the Environment has now produced a video on the value of their qualification. If you work in the energy sector, we are your natural partners for gaining it. We look forward to receiving your application.