Engineering Technician (EngTech)
Engineering Technicians apply proven techniques and procedures to the solution of practical engineering problems.
You will need to be a professional member (usually a Technician Member TMEI) to be eligible to become an Incorporated Engineer, but if you aren’t already a professional member you can apply for professional membership and professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer at the same time.
What does it mean?
• You are able to solve practical engineering problems.
• You have some supervisory or technical responsibility
• You are creative and skilful and comfortable with technology
• You contribute to designing, developing, manufacturing, operating or maintaining products, equipment, processes or services.
• You apply safe systems of working.
Does that sound like you? Then read about one of our EngTechs, who tells us about the value of the qualification to himself and his company
How to apply
1. Review the guidance notes in the application pack. If you have all the required experience, you can apply straight away.You need to complete a form with your experience and you need to have a senior colleague sponsor you.
2. If you need to add more knowledge and experience before applying, our online Professional Development System is the best way to get started on this.
3. Attend a membership workshop to find out more. We hold these regularly throughout the country but we can also come to your company.
Please note we are now only accepting applications submitted under UK-SPEC, third edition.
If you would like to discuss your options further with a member of the Membership team please call 020 7467 7100 or email email@example.com.
Make sure you receive professional recognition for the vauable work you do as a Technician in the energy sector. Find out more today.