Member of the Energy Institute (MEI)
Members of the Energy Institute (MEIs) are experienced professionals working in energy in any capacity.
Whatever their area of work, they will have roles which require the use of professional judgement and responsibility. They might be overseeing projects or staff or processes, and will be applying complex principles to their work and developing and innovating in their role.
There is no set amount of experience needed to apply to become a Member as long as you can show you meet the MEI standards, however most successful applicants have over four years' professional experience working in an energy-related role.
How to apply:
You will need to submit the following documents to us for assessment by the Membership Panel:
- Completed application form – please ensure this is signed
- Professional Development Review – this should demonstrate how and where you meet the standards and competences outlined in the guidance notes.There is a separate guidance note on writing your PDR
- A detailed CPD record and future plan on how you intend to maintain your competence
- Organisation chart – this should show your position within your organisation
- Two sponsor references – please use the sponsor reference form provided and ensure these are signed, with comments included
- True and signed copies of your academic and other certificates
- True and signed copy of photographic ID showing your signature and date of birth
- Application/transfer fee (£95 if you are not a member of any description; £65 if you are applying for a different grade of EI membership)
Download your application pack here.
If you have any questions on the above then please contact the membership department on t: +44(0)20 7467 7100 or e: email@example.com.