Technician Member of the Energy Institute (TMEI)
Technician Members of the Energy Institute (TMEI) are the professionals who make sure things work at ground level. They use their knowledge and skills - in particular their know-how of established techniques and processes - to solve practical problems.
Depending on where they work, Technician Members can be involved in making a contribution to any kind of energy process or operation – they might be assisting in analysis, development or testing. They will often have personal responsibility for an area, and may be supervising or guiding other staff.
How to apply:
If you are not already a member you will first need to join as an Associate Member (AMEI) or Affiliate member. This can be done at the some time you submit an application for the Technician Member grade or while you are compiling your application. From 01 July 2018 the Membership Panel will only accept applications from existing members.
You will need to submit the following documents to us for assessment by the Membership Panel:
- Completed application form – please ensure this is signed
- Completed competence grid – this should demonstrate how and where you meet the standards and competences outlined in the guidance notes. Please submit with any supporting documentation.
- A detailed CPD record and future plan on how you intend to maintain your competence
- Organisation Chart – this should show your position within your organisation
- A sponsor reference – please ensure this is signed and comments included. We provide a sponsor reference form.
- True and signed copies of your academic and other certificates
- True and signed copy of photographic id showing your signature and date of birth
- Application fee - £77 if you are not a member of any description; Transfer fee - £75 if you are already a pre-professional member of the EI.
Download your application pack here.
If you have any questions on the above then please contact the membership department on +44(0)20 7467 7100 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org