Hydrocarbon Management Committee (HMC)
The EI Hydrocarbon Management Committee (HMC), its Sub-committees and Work Groups develop and issue publications that reflect current industry best practice.
Guidance documents are developed by experts sitting on committees that form the structure of the standards section. Some of these experts also sit on BSI and ISO committees where they provide the UK's input into the development of International Standards.
The EI HMC manages the work programme of the following five subcommittees:
- HMC-3 Petroleum measurement and cargo inspection
- HMC-4 Oil transportation measurement
- HMC-5 Refineries loss control
- HMC-6 Marketing and distribution
- HMC-7 Upstream hydrocarbon management.
The HM committees work closely with their counterparts within the American Petroleum Institute (API) and where ever possible produces joint EI/API guidance documents that can be used internationally.
If you would like more information on the Energy Institute's Hydrocarbon Management programme, would like to be included on the ‘Expert Register’ or are interested in becoming an active contributor, please contact Kerry Sinclair e: email@example.com
- An ambitious energy agenda - Petroleum Review November 2016
- Energy Storage 2016 booking form
- EI Yorkshire represented at Coal Research Forum conference
- EI consultation response to Business Energy Efficiency Review
- Deep geothermal energy for the UK: experiences in northern England and prospects in Scotland
- 2015 Oil and gas training calendar
- Planning and economics of refinery operations
- Carbon Capture Journal - Jul-Aug 2014
- Co-op case study
- Are we ready to invest in energy efficient technologies that benefit our heating systems?
- A revolution for heat
- Technical Company Membership benefits brochure
- CRC legislative changes
- Energy Management Portfolio 2010
- HMT Carbon Price Support consultation - Feb 2011
- EUREM Brochure 2011
- Energy Auditing in Practice Flyer 2011
- Metering Monitoring and Targeting Flyer 2011
- Energy World - December 2009 Viewpoint
- EM 4 page flyer
- Energy World - October 2009 Viewpoint
- Energy World July/August 2009 Viewpoint
- Visit to Energy from Waste facility
- Heat Pumps - what can they do for us?
- EUREM Registration Form
- Introduction to Energy Regulations and Standards Flyer 2010
- Energy World February 2010 Editorial
- Petroleum Review May 2009 issue
- Energy World - September 2009
- Report from recent visit to University of Warwick to view energy efficiency technologies
- EINigeria Inducts Participants of the Graduate Engineering Training Scheme (GETS)
- Shell Springboard competition - call for entries
- EI offers new online qualification in energy management
- UK energy professionals seek greater policy continuity and are pessimistic on climate change targets
- Diversity and convergence: the 2016 Energy Barometer [blog]
- Climate Action in the US [blog]
- What does an intelligent energy system for the 21st century look like?
- Energy careers: Thinking outside the box
- Sir David King to receive prestigious Melchett Award
- EI Humber branch holds conference on COP21
- COP21 and securing a global deal on climate - all eyes on Paris [article]
- Why is it important to get a global deal on emissions? [article]
- First speakers announced for Heat 2015 conference
- Malcolm Brinded: 'Sustainable and accessible energy for a better tomorrow can be a reality - not a pipe dream'
- EI North Eastern branch event - Energy efficiency lessons from the food and beverage industry
- Energy Institute to provide first ESOS Lead Assessors
- New modules added to Advanced Energy Manager qualification
- An audit for audit's sake doesn't make for good practice [blog]
- EI publishes guide to new energy efficiency regulation
- Beware of ESOS pitfalls
- HRH The Prince of Wales contributes to the energy debate
- Setting standards [EI blog]
- Businesses lack bank support for energy efficiency investment
- Engineering Excellence Forum at Abu Dhabi Men's College
- Elsevier and EI work together to publish Journal of the Energy Institute
- Energy Institute announces shortlist for energy awards competition
- Firms struggling to access green finance as half think carbon targets will be missed
- Energy management e-learning certificate now available online
- Elsevier and Energy Institute organise first Energy Systems conference to be held in June 2014, London, UK
- Energy leaders of tomorrow to get their say at World Energy Congress
- UK Government Advisor receives prestigious energy industry award
- Free online energy management training now available
- Excellence in energy celebrated at EI Awards ceremony
- Energy Institute strengthens its energy management training programme
- Applications sought for Register of Professional Energy Consultants
- Heat opens new frontier in energy policy
- Warming to the challenge of a changing energy system - bookings open for heat conference
- Getting the best energy saving advice all the time
- Energy Institute publishes low carbon heat briefing
- Legislation changes to carbon reduction commitment
- Can we power our cities more efficiently?
- World Energy Council calls on policymakers at COP17 to address the 'Energy Trilemma'