Publication year searches
With publication year searches, the user selects a range of years to search.The field searched is 'Publication year'.Search tips:
- The number of Catalogue entries diminishes rapidly with time; the oldest dates to 1975.
- To search a single year, the same year should be entered in each box.
- Some publishers do not specify a publication year. Such records will not be included in results.
- Some records have multiple publication years, for example where a corrigendum has been issued, possibly in a subsequent year. For such cases, the Catalogue includes a full record for each and explanatory text in the 'Comment' field.
- Some records contain the month published; where appropriate, the record includes explanatory text in the 'Comment' field.
- To enable more focused searching, users should consider what level of documents they require; for example, Level 2 should be checked to search for generic documents.