About this course
This introductory course provides participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
Course topics include monitoring and targeting, energy auditing, solution development, and regulations and standards. As part of this, course delegates conduct a supervised energy audit visit to a plant room and cover writing an audit report.
Who should attend?
• Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have
recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
• Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for
ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS
• Those who would like to refresh their knowledge
before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
• Those coming from a wide range of fields including
procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and
sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding
of the field of energy management
• This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or
experience of energy management
• GCSE English and Maths or equivalent + some experience using
Microsoft Excel is required
• Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy Management
• Introduction to energy management –
building an energy management process
• Metering and buying
• Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
• Regulations and standards
• Energy auditing in practice
• Energy auditing: report writing
• Energy management solutions
• Energy management: project development
• Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
• End of course exam: 50%
• Independent project: energy audit & report: 50%
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management Essentials. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
This course can be used as CPD: 50 hours
EI Member: £1,575+VAT
For more details, please contact the training department at email@example.com or +44 (0)207 467 7191