About this course
This 50-hour online course provides participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
This course can be started at any time and can be worked through at the participant’s own pace. Participants are each assigned an expert tutor who will be available to provide support via telephone or email. You will also be able to interact with others on the course through the course forum on the online learning centre.
Who should attend?
• Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have
recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
• Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS
(with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
• Those who would like to refresh their knowledge
before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
• Those coming from a wide range of fields
including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR
and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the
field of energy management
• This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or
experience of energy management
• GCSE English and Maths or equivalent + some experience using
Microsoft Excel is required
• Pre-reading: Energy Essentials: A Guide to Energy Management
• Introduction to energy management –
building an energy management process
• Metering and buying
• Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
• Regulations and standards
• Energy auditing in practice
• Energy auditing: report writing
• Energy management solutions
• Energy management: project development
• Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
• End of course exam: 50%
• Independent project: energy audit & report: 50%
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management Essentials. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
This course can be used as CPD: 50 hours
Fees - full course
EI Member: £1,375+VAT
Fees - single module
EI Member: £155+VAT
If you have any questions please contact our training team at e: email@example.com or t: +44(0)207 467 7178.