Skip to content
Module 2 - Metering and buying
Energy procurement is about getting the best price for the supply of energy. This module covers the structure of the gas, electricity and water industries in the context of energy and water procurement plus information for you to gain an understanding of energy and water invoices. Once your organisation has committed resources to managing energy the first step you should take is to gather and collate accurate energy consumption data. with this in mind this module also covers meters and data collection technologies.
• What is meant by metering monitoring and targeting
• Types of meter
• Reading a meter
• Smart metering
• Reading your energy bills
• How to buy energy effectively
• Whether to switch suppliers
• Using external brokers
• Validating your bills
• To provide you with knowledge on UK energy markets to help with energy procurement.
• To increase your understanding of energy invoices to enable you to use this freely available source of data.
• To increase your understanding of meter technology and data collection techniques.
• To increase your knowledge on various metering options such as smart meters, portable solutions and
EI Member: £1350.00 (+VAT)
Non-Member: £1550.00 (+VAT)
EI Member: £175.00 (+VAT)
Non-Member: £225.00 (+VAT)
For more details please contact the training department at:
email@example.com or 0207 467 7135