About this course
The Energy Institute (EI)’s 200 hour Level 2: Energy Management Professional online course offers a comprehensive overview of all the knowledge and skills required of a professional Energy Manager.
The course is designed to help participants to save energy, reduce carbon emissions, meet their organisation’s environmental targets and save money.
The course covers the essential technical theory of energy use, as well as providing an in-depth understanding of the managerial and commercial aspects of an energy management role.
It also includes a project that allows a student to solve a real issue within their organisation as part of the learning process.
Students can work through the materials at their own pace – ideal for busy professionals looking to develop their career while at work.
This course can be used as CPD: 200 hours
• 2+ years’ relevant experience either working as an Energy Manager or another related area such as Building Services, Energy Engineering, Sustainability, Facilities Management, Procurement or Energy Consultancy OR successful completion of the EI’s Level 1 – Certificate in Energy Management Essentials training course.
• GCSE English and AS / A Level Maths or Science, or equivalent by qualification or experience.
• Experience in using Microsoft Excel.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course, you will achieve the Energy Institute Level 2: Energy Management Professional qualification. Those who have 3 or more years’ energy management experience will be well-placed to move on to the Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) course.
**This course has replaced the EI’s Level 2: Training in Energy Management through Open Learning (TEMOL) course. EMP and TEMOL are equivalent qualifications
Energy Management Professional includes:
• 15 modules totalling approximately 200 hours of online learning
• Tutor support with continuous assessment
• Flexible part-time, self-paced study that can be started at any time
throughout the year
• An integral 50-hour work-based project supported
by specialist tutors to solve a real energy
management problem in your organisation