Level 1: Introduction to Oil and Gas
Cost per delegate
Non EI member
Discounted rates are available to organisations purchasing access for multiple-users.
Student rates available upon request.
For more details on any of the training courses please contact Marjan Azodi in the EI training team on:
T: +44 (0)20 7467 7155
Delivered in Partnership With:
DWA Energy Limited
Level 1: Introduction to Oil and Gas - Distance Learning
20 separate units (approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete each unit). The units can be completed at the participants own pace. A certificate can be earned by answering satisfactorily a short question for each of 16 of the 20 units.
Each unit consists of a file of 30 to 40 slides containing annotated images and/or concise descriptive text.
1. Oil and gas value chains and the resources and reserves that feed them
2. Organizations participating in the oil and gas industry and their characteristics
3. Subsurface petroleum systems and resource characteristics
4. Natural gas and the processes and infrastructure used to deliver it to market
5. Upstream oil and gas production processes and facilities
6. Portfolio perspectives for groups of oil and gas assets
7. Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Gas Contracts and Gas-to-Liquids (GTL)
8. Uncertainty management: risk and opportunity
9. Upstream petroleum economics and valuation
10. Oil and gas acquisition and divestment activities and strategies
11. Geophysical exploration and development techniques
12. Drilling technologies and their applications
13. Well logging, testing, completion and pumping technologies
14. Enhancing resource recovery, including fracture stimulation
15. Safety, environment and security factors
16. Upstream fiscal designs and joint venture relationships
17. Project management and facilities contracting
18. Midstream: Transportation and storage
19. Refining, refinery products and petrochemicals
20. Community and sustainability issues for the industry